Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Factory Single disk radio Problem

Old 09-15-2007, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Single disk radio Problem

I have the single disk radio in my unlimited. Everytime I put in a burnt disk it takes forever to read the disk. Sometimes it says disk read error and ejects it. To get it to play I have to put it in and out a few times and sometimes that dosent work. Is this a common problem or just something with my so far solid Jeep. Would it be better just to go buy an aftermarket head unit?
Old 09-15-2007, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it mp3's, or actually an audio disk? My MP3 disks play great. The first thing to check, is your disks. Get a different type CD-R disk. Different maker, etc. I've had good luck with Memorex, but now use cheapies with the same color recording side....bluish tint. May not help, but often does.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eh, common problem... Every stereo in the world will have problems with a burnt CD... Some more than others. Just try different CD media.

Quick Reply: Factory Single disk radio Problem