Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Factory Remote starter used with iPhone app

Old 11-13-2011, 08:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Remote starter used with iPhone app

Hi everyone,

I have a factory remote starter on my 2011 Sahara 2 door and I am trying to figure out if I can use one of the iPhone car starter apps like viper smartstart, compustar or something down that line on my factory unit so the key button can still start it as well.

I have gone through alot on the net and local shops and can't really get a straight answer on it. Any light that could be shed would be appreciated
Old 11-13-2011, 08:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not likely. The viper remote start module connects to the cell network to get the signal from your phone and requires a subscription via viper. Viper doesn't historically play well with factory anything
Old 11-13-2011, 08:55 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Merlin75
Not likely. The viper remote start module connects to the cell network to get the signal from your phone and requires a subscription via viper. Viper doesn't historically play well with factory anything
Ya dude. I have the viper system with alarm and starter. There is a specific one for each different module. It won't work with stoc car starter. Viper for viper astro start for astro start. Even tho it's all made by the same company. And its like $100 a year for the subscription
Old 11-13-2011, 09:09 PM
JK Newbie

Fair enough, I can get my lazy ass up and use the button

Thanks for the help
Old 11-13-2011, 09:13 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mangomatt
Fair enough, I can get my lazy ass up and use the button

Thanks for the help
Haha yup. Since mine is aftermarket the remote is crappy. So that's why I want the remote start app for my iPhone 4s

Quick Reply: Factory Remote starter used with iPhone app