Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Factory HU Pin Diagram

Old 10-15-2007, 07:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oZmonKey

Look closely at the plastic teeth on the bottom of each connector.
Using letters for the shape of the teeth:
C3 is A A I A A
C2 is A I I I A

I noticed this on my unit, just using the picture from this post to visually clarify.
Oh ok, I see what you're saying. I imagine this is just to differentiate the ports? If you notice in the pic of the actual connectors, one being white and the other gray, that they are exactly the same despite the ports being in the configuration you described.

I can only see it as a way to tell them apart.

Edit: I take that back - after closer examination I think you're right - they do look slightly different. The I's on the bottom of the connector are wider apart.

So perhaps the initial statement of the C2 and C3 being the same is not correct, although the pin-in's are the same.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
Oh ok, I see what you're saying. I imagine this is just to differentiate the ports? If you notice in the pic of the actual connectors, one being white and the other gray, that they are exactly the same despite the ports being in the configuration you described.

I can only see it as a way to tell them apart.

Edit: I take that back - after closer examination I think you're right - they do look slightly different. The I's on the bottom of the connector are wider apart.

So perhaps the initial statement of the C2 and C3 being the same is not correct, although the pin-in's are the same.
I only found this out by attempting to plug the C2 male to into the C3 female to see what would happen. Probably luckily, the female rejected the male.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:58 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by oZmonKey
I only found this out by attempting to plug the C2 male to into the C3 female to see what would happen. Probably luckily, the female rejected the male.
Jeez..sounds like story of my life.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default There I go again -- Posting Mis-Information

I'm headed to my dealer tomorrow... They are the ones that gave me the part numbers. I'll bounce this off of them and see if I can get the correct part number for both connectors.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:58 AM
JK Newbie

Default 07 wrangler after market reciever

Hi All new to the forum but have owned jeep wranglers for years the older models were easeir to wire, my question is i am throwing away the stock head unit and bout a nice doble di unit to fit it's space, wiring is easy for the radio but the tomtom gps has 3 wires that need to be hoocked to speedometer any thoughts on how they could go, i noticed when i removed the old unit there was a connector taped down from factory, this could be used for the uconnect if upgrade was availible i am guessing, any help would be appreciated as your forums are the best and more defined than any dealer I have encountered
Old 11-10-2007, 05:19 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by ronc
Hi All new to the forum but have owned jeep wranglers for years the older models were easeir to wire, my question is i am throwing away the stock head unit and bout a nice doble di unit to fit it's space, wiring is easy for the radio but the tomtom gps has 3 wires that need to be hoocked to speedometer any thoughts on how they could go, i noticed when i removed the old unit there was a connector taped down from factory, this could be used for the uconnect if upgrade was availible i am guessing, any help would be appreciated as your forums are the best and more defined than any dealer I have encountered
Huh? Throw away? What stock HU do you have?
Old 11-10-2007, 05:32 AM
JK Freak

Thanks, this really helps!!!!
Old 11-10-2007, 09:50 AM
JK Newbie

Stock HU unknown to me 1 cable coming out to old stock radio, I will have to look closer at the pin number once I disassemble, but my question, there is a small connector looks like they prewired for some thing that could be used as a add. this may have been used for the infinity stereo not sure any ideas would be helpful, thanks Ron

Last edited by ronc; 11-10-2007 at 10:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Factory HU Pin Diagram