Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Entertainment

Old 04-24-2021, 01:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Entertainment

New to the forum and have a question. I have my first JK 2014 and not familiar with all the newer electronics as I've always owned CJ's. It has a uconnect with navigation and bluetooth that doesnt seem to work. Radio works fine but when you try to use the navigation it says cant unlock maps. I have downloaded songs on the hard drive and all that works fine but won't connect to bluetooth and no navigation. Went to the website and put in the unit number and its says no update available. Any ideas or advice would be appreciated? Thanks
Old 04-24-2021, 06:24 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,692 Posts

Is there a chance perhaps that is not the head unit that was original to the jeep? I'm wondering if that jeep didn't originally have the u-connect and someone swapped the head unit later on hence no functionality for those options. I'm grasping at straws a bit though. You might call your local dealer and give them the VIN and see if they can advise what radio was originally in it.
Old 04-25-2021, 12:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Follow this link and enter your VIN. https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing It will immediately give you the entire build sheet of everything that your Jeep was ordered with from the factory. Be sure to come back and let us know what you figured out. Help keep the forums alive!
Old 04-25-2021, 02:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jsukey
Follow this link and enter your VIN. https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing It will immediately give you the entire build sheet of everything that your Jeep was ordered with from the factory. Be sure to come back and let us know what you figured out. Help keep the forums alive!
thanks. I'll let you know

Quick Reply: Entertainment