Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Engineering Menu + MyGig = Disaster if you're not careful ...

Old 02-10-2024, 07:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I know this is an old thread, but i am bumping..... I just inherited a 09 jk and am trying to get her pretty again!! I have searched this forum but cant find the answers to the following questions.....

-- Running Mygig RER 2.404 just updated last week from 1.055=9.7xxxx

I have ordered a replacement diffusor due to the peeling and inaccuracy of the current display, after i change the display, if the calibration is still way off, can i run calibration in the newer version of the os within Engineering Mode??? (as long as i am careful)
I have been unable to find an older enough OS to downgrade back to 9.1xxxx to safely calibrate.. So my question is as follows..

1. can i calibrate in EM on 2.404 OS---carefully
2. Does anyone have an earlier version of the OS that will work with an RER (found REN update but is it compatible?)
3. My last question is somewhat unrelated, but does anyone have/use the lockpic AIR?? supposedly you can stream android phone straight to screen??? looks like they have been out of stock forever!

thanks in advance for humoring the newb......

Quick Reply: Engineering Menu + MyGig = Disaster if you're not careful ...