Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Engine Block Heater

Old 12-03-2007, 09:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Engine Block Heater

Anyone hook up a Mopar engine block heater yet? Could you post pics and some instructions on how to do it? Thanks
Old 12-04-2007, 03:47 AM
JK Super Freak

unravel 3 plong 120v plug wire plug found near battery route toward front of vehicle and plug in to extension cord from 120v source
all done and works great

oh sorry my jeep came with one from factory.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

realy you just plug it in???wow did your jeep come with $30 ashtray too?? your pimp
i ordered mine with it too i also ordered my tj with one (i couldnt pass up the $35 option but i never used it )
it cant be hard to instal and i am sure it comes with some type of insrtructions
i think its like an extra dipstick that warms the oil and all the motors are ready for it
while your at the dealer get the new mopar heated seat kit i am and prob wont use them either but i have to keep up with cool guy who told you he just plugs his in
Old 12-04-2007, 10:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Mopar block heater install
drain coolant from rad
pop in then pull out freeze plug on passenger side of engine block
install heater and tap into place and tighten little nut to compress back plate to form a seal
the mopar engine coolant heater is the same as most block heaters that have been around for 40 yrs +

Also note my came standard and was not an option so if u live in a snow belt area u may want to check to see if it is there already (i'm pretty sure most in canada do)
Basically I was informing in my reply post that yes i have it install and yes it works saves on gas and the jeep is warm when i get in it to go.

Often times the block heater is there from the factory and mostly it is a matter of finding the 120v cord. that is tucked away.

I have scene Volkswagen Jettas with these in Mexico. on many cars it maybe there regardless world location.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

(WRAITHYJEEP) unravel 3 plong 120v plug wire plug found near battery route toward front of vehicle and plug in to extension cord from 120v source. all done and works great

oh sorry my jeep came with one from factory.
x2 (in FL??? Yep, but I like spending time above 9K ft in CO )
Old 12-04-2007, 06:34 PM
JK Newbie

Default Oil pan heater

I decided to go with an aftermarket oil pan heater, keeps the oil nice and warm for only 200 watts and heat rises to warm the rest of the engine.

It's been around 18-22 degrees f all week and the heater has worked great.

I had a freeze plug style from the factory on the wifes Durango, it decided to let loose after a few years and puke all the antifreeze onto the street!

Needless to say I didn't order one with the JK.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:42 PM
JK Newbie

SeakJK
Ketchikan - yep...much harsher environment for longer period. I would be taking other measures also. Like... moving south for instance?
Old 01-05-2008, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default factory engine block heater

bump to the top....
Old 03-15-2008, 03:20 PM
JK Super Freak

here are some pics of the factory installed heater, note the oil filter at the top-right of the first pic.

p.s. you owe me a for laying on my back in the snow!!!!! kidding ..... hope it helps

Old 03-15-2008, 08:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by naplesrubicon
did your jeep come with $30 ashtray too??

I got the smoker's group for the 2nd 12volt power source.

Quick Reply: Engine Block Heater