Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Emissions: Unable to Test???

Old 10-01-2019, 12:00 PM
bkg
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hate to be "that guy" who bumps an old thread...

2013 JKUR... Cat, Fuel, O2 sensors "not ready." I've done the dang drive cycles numerous times and have put 2k miles on the darned thing... No luck.

Yes, it's tuned. Yes, it has a super charger... But there has to be something else I'm missing, if it's drive-cycle related, yes?
Old 10-01-2019, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

So are you getting codes too? I'm not familiar with the area, are you required to test out in Nashville? I'd also ping your supercharger company for ideas there. They deal with it all day, every day.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:50 PM
bkg
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
So are you getting codes too? I'm not familiar with the area, are you required to test out in Nashville? I'd also ping your supercharger company for ideas there. They deal with it all day, every day.
No codes. Runs and drives quite well. Just dropped a note to Magnusson asking for a tune, but that kind of seems like a band-aid, of sorts.

Yeah - all counties that "touch" Davidson county here in Mid-TN are required to test. They only have 4 testing stations total; it's a huge PITA. No sniff test, just gas cap and OBD reading. The state repealed it a couple years ago, but the EPA has to approve that the state stops testing, which will probably take another two years.

Quick Reply: Emissions: Unable to Test???