Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Emergency lights Does anyone have them?

Old 08-31-2010, 08:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooter_Trash
Ours are infrared and emit an optically encoded signal that works only in our city. For example, I can trigger the lights in my city but if I go to the next city over, it doesn't work.
Yeah, in the city I work in, I spoke with one of the Streets Department guys one day. He was saying our fire department has a device (I believe he called it an opticon or something like those) that flashes something like 17 times a second or a crazy fast speed like that. I don't think I've seen any of these strobe kits flash that fast, but then again, I can't count 17 things in one second. Police department doesn't even get that stuff.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by matt852
That is the coolest set up, I think I will go with the Baja style race truck lights for the rear and then with a combo with some of the lights in that one.

I'll just have to find where to get those

I can have emergency lights my officer friend told me as long as they aren't red or blue
Those Baja lights on the front are spectacular! Super bright and great pattern. The company that makes them is Baja Designs, though they aren't cheap. If I remember correctly, I paid $1400 for the pair maybe.. I can't remember exactly.

The legalities depend on your province/state. I know in BC, I can't use any color strobe on public roads. It's not illegal to "have" them, just "use" them as far as I know.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have (2) Strobes 'N' More E4 Amber/White mounted on the front bumper. I also have (2) Strobes 'N' More E6 Red/White mounted on the rear bumper. I made a custom bar that houses (1) Strobes 'N' More E3 Red and E3 White. Mounted inside on the speaker bar is a Voltex 36" Amber LED traffic advisor.

Quick Reply: Emergency lights Does anyone have them?