Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Emergency lights Does anyone have them?

Old 08-03-2010, 10:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't do this in the fashion you are looking.

If you are wanting to get your kid out in the garage and improve your JK here in AZ maybe look at rear lighting. The rear lighting helps on dusty trails from getting rear ended (or in the Valley from snow birds). Baja Race trucks use a similar style to boats for there rear end. Get an orange on the drivers side and a green on the passenger side in the rear. No strobes. If you lok around at Baja Race trucks you will see what 'm talking about. The fun part would be finding mounting locations for hard top/no top and to get the wiring correct.

GOOD LUCK!!! and post pics!
Old 08-04-2010, 05:03 AM
JK Freak

I get all of my fire lights from speedtechlights.com super bright and resonable
Old 08-04-2010, 09:40 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JocKy
I wouldn't do this in the fashion you are looking.

If you are wanting to get your kid out in the garage and improve your JK here in AZ maybe look at rear lighting. The rear lighting helps on dusty trails from getting rear ended (or in the Valley from snow birds). Baja Race trucks use a similar style to boats for there rear end. Get an orange on the drivers side and a green on the passenger side in the rear. No strobes. If you lok around at Baja Race trucks you will see what 'm talking about. The fun part would be finding mounting locations for hard top/no top and to get the wiring correct.

GOOD LUCK!!! and post pics!
Yeah I'm still figuring out where to mount them on the rear since I have the soft top. I'm thinking under the tailgate on the sides not covered by the spare. I will look around for the orange and green ones. For the front i'll go for two one left of the rear view and one to the right. and two in the grill. But I unziped the roll bar covers and found wiring that looks like I could tap into.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:39 PM
JK Newbie

Guy on here did it try this

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...&highlight=led
Old 08-23-2010, 01:16 PM
JK Newbie

Just to give you an idea here is mine low profile but very bright. I am on the fire department so that's why it is red.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8dLdWQhGNg Here is what it looks like from inside sorry about lighting.

Old 08-27-2010, 08:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's what I have:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiSmnEFkm7I Full setup includes: GoRecon Xenon clear strobes in front headlights, and rear tail lights. GoRecon Xenon amber strobes in the delta hood light bar, a dash LED kit from ebay (see this thread for info), and a Tantrum undercarriage LED kit.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:25 PM
JK Freak

The volunteer fire fighters in my town run red/white lights. And I always see non-emergency personal vehicles [construction, road work, snow plow ect] running yellow/orange lights and sometimes strobes in the headlights/taillights.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Strobes wont trip streetlights red to green. They need to wobble. And if you got caught with it its a BIG fine.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harbourone
Strobes wont trip streetlights red to green. They need to wobble. And if you got caught with it its a BIG fine.
Ours are infrared and emit an optically encoded signal that works only in our city. For example, I can trigger the lights in my city but if I go to the next city over, it doesn't work.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:49 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bcjeep
Here's what I have:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiSmnEFkm7I Full setup includes: GoRecon Xenon clear strobes in front headlights, and rear tail lights. GoRecon Xenon amber strobes in the delta hood light bar, a dash LED kit from ebay (see this thread for info), and a Tantrum undercarriage LED kit.
That is the coolest set up, I think I will go with the Baja style race truck lights for the rear and then with a combo with some of the lights in that one.

I'll just have to find where to get those

I can have emergency lights my officer friend told me as long as they aren't red or blue

Quick Reply: Emergency lights Does anyone have them?