Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Electrically Challenged

Old 11-20-2007, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrically Challenged

I would like to hook up 3 different sets of lights. Factory fogs, driving and spots located on the windshield pillars. So, I have 3 sets of lights, 3 switches and a ton of wire. I am confused as to the best way to do this. Should I establish an auxilery fuse block? Should I simply hook them up independently and use the supplied relay's? What is the best method of making this a clean job? Any help is a plus because I have looked at this for hours and have not been able to get anywhere.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:45 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is what i am currently doing.

I wired New 6" fogs to work off of the factory stalk switch, way easier than it sounds to do if you have the factory fogs already.

I have 2 more sets being considered now. An auxilliary fuse block would make a cleaner install, but isnt necesary.

Where are you stuck?
Old 11-21-2007, 07:32 AM
SCF
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd use an aux fuse block, and relays. JK came with factory fogs, and I wired in some driving lights. The driving lights are powered with a relay, tripped by the high beams. Relays are really not difficult, just pay attention to the diagram, and wire gauge.

Quick Reply: Electrically Challenged