Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

electric disco wiring

Old 01-31-2009, 05:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electric disco wiring

I got an electronic disconnect for christmas and am just getting around to installing it. I was wandering if it is possible to by pass the computer and have it switched by a toggle in the cab? I guess i'm afraid to cut wires on the wiring harness of the computer and it would save me $90 at the dealership to activate it.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

are you sure you have to cut wires? the plug should be there whether it was installed at the factory or not. I'd go with the stock setup. spend the money now, less headaches later.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

unfortunately there is no plug there from the factory, you have to hardwire into the computer wiring harness, 2 wires of connector E and 2 on connector A. I think you are right though i am just going to install it the way it should be an be done with it.

Quick Reply: electric disco wiring