Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Ebay DVD Nav units

Old 11-01-2009, 07:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay DVD Nav units

Anyone purchased one of the $300-500 dvd nav bluetooth units off of ebay? Are the units any good? Which seller did you use?

I know some of you will say put a crowbar in your wallet and get a Pioneer or Eclipse, but I really would rather not have a $1000 unit in a vehicle that you can unzip.

Thanks!
Old 11-02-2009, 05:55 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before you buy some junk like a Valor or Dual or whatever is on ebay. Look at a company like sonic electronix online. You can get a "last year model" from a name brand cheaper than you think. Maps don't change much in a years time on navi units. For example, they have an Eclipse AVN7000 for $600 and at the local audio shop here that unit still goes for $2500. It is a flip up single din so it has a detachable face.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GIven the CAN bus of the Jeeps, you will need to make sure the unit will even work, and whether an adapter is needed.

I got mine for $850 (a MyGig NAV), and the extra few hundred bucks was well worth the integration into the rest of the system (like it dims when you turn on the lights, etc.) I was a plug and play installation.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sold my mygig for an aftermarket unit. They have more features, sound better, and can play movies in motion without expensive "lockpick" type devices. Just my

You can get a PAC unit that makes an aftermarket unit plug and play almost. But it is super EZ to get the cheapest METRA adapter and a couple pieces of wire and a couple quick splices and have all you need. The only 2 things the Metra will not give you is 12V IGN, and ILUM. A quick splice to the cigg lighter positive wire for the 12V IGN, and the orange wire with the gray stripe in the square plug on your HVAC control will give you ILLUM.

If you need a VSS, I can tell you where one is under the hood too, thanks to RenegadeLT1
Old 11-04-2009, 04:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Keep looking on ebay and craigslist to find a MyGig Nav for a good price. i got mine off Craigslist which is an 08 with 30GB drive for $400. Great unit and keeps the stock look.

Quick Reply: Ebay DVD Nav units