Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

easier way to change headlight bulb?

Old 04-29-2013, 04:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorrel

Yes and what you say is true, provided you do not have an AEV front bumper, or any bumper or winch mounted that does not allow for your grill to be removed as easily as the stock configuration.
I have the AEV premium and can get the grille off without removing the bumper. But I do not have a winch.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wrangler1771
funny I was just researching this the other day, simpliest way is to take the grill off, 5 mins with 6 plastic pins, the headlight is held in by 4 screws, take those screws out and the entire lamp is lose, unscrew the bulb 1/4 turn and replace it with whatever bulb you have chosen. Reverse the steps. This is much more easier than removing the parts behind the headlamps to get to the bulb and definately wont beat your hands up.

http:// www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82085
I agree but like the other dude stated too, I've got a rugged ridge bumper and winch that sits very close to my lower part if the grill. So close that I have even a hard time wiggling down my winch cover into the winch. My grill won't come off the snaps at the bottom to fully be removed without pulling my winch out

Quick Reply: easier way to change headlight bulb?