Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Dynamat install difficulty?

Old 11-04-2012, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

X2 on that one Bedliner would be way more worth it that dynamat! A little more expensive but when u think of all the time wasted with dynamat how much is your time worth?
Old 11-07-2012, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2012JUS
X2 on that one Bedliner would be way more worth it that dynamat! A little more expensive but when u think of all the time wasted with dynamat how much is your time worth?

hehe a fair bit i guess, i live in apartment complex so to do installs such as this ive gotta hassle someone to lend me their backyard.. I figure the majority of time spent for this install will be removing and reinstalling seats / carpet regardless of which option I choose to install. for this reason I don't mind spending a bit more on the best possible product, but if theres going to be no noticeable difference between for example dynamat regular and pro then I would go for the cheaper option.

one thing which seems better about the dynamat vs bedliner is that i know the dynamat can be rolled down nice and flat against the floor, bedliner I'm not too sure, has anyone worked with it before?
Old 11-08-2012, 03:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've sprayed a friends car with rattle can rubber coat that played flat and worked well damping sound. Its just not as durable as bedliner but since u are going to reapply the carpet that shouldn't matter
Old 11-08-2012, 05:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I bed lined a jeep once and even though it was awesome, the horrible smell never went away with any sort of top on. Something to think about.

Quick Reply: Dynamat install difficulty?