Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

DVD when driving

Old 01-06-2012, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stryke-force
It's only illegal if you get caught
which in most cases according to murphy's law would be the first time you feel comfortable using it and thinking no one is watching.

Just get a good lift on your Jeep so no one can see in!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's illegal everywhere. It's illegal to do it - it's only expensive if you get caught (or crash). But if you are texting while you are watching it while you are driving you should be fine.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I added a relay to my aftermarket pioneer headunit. It takes power from the remote wire and grounds the parking break wire after the headunit is already turned on. This way you don't need to put a switch in; it is automatically done when the vehicle is turned on. Also with some of the newer aftermarket headunits you can;t just ground the parking brake wire because it doesn't recognize the parking brake being put on AFTER the headunit turns on. Hence the relay; it trips after the headunit already turns on. It only costs about $5 with a little wiring and TADA.

But since you want to keep the OEM unit none of this helps you at all but might help someone else.

I used this video to bypass my unit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDGZEZrUdRo&feature=fvst

Quick Reply: DVD when driving