Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Dual camera instal.

Old 07-30-2022, 07:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual camera install.

I have an aftermarket rear view camera already installed that comes on my 430N factory head unit when I put it in reverse. I used the J scan app to allow the stereo to see the image. I recently came across another camera and harness and want to put in the front of my jeep to have better visibility when cresting a hill and other obstacles. I wired the camera up and wired it to a switch rather then the reverse light like how my rear camera is connected. But I can't get the head unit to show the image. I switched the camera wires going into the head unit and it turned the front one on when in reverse so I know it works. Has anyone connected a 2nd camera to the factory unit? And if so how did you get it to work? How do you tell the head unit to display the image? Thanks.

Last edited by Corbin.72; 10-12-2022 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-31-2022, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Maybe something like this right before the video RCA plug goes into the head unit. Could also add 2 mor camera if you want.
Amazon.com: Anytime Backup Camera, Video Switcher, Intelligent Multi-Function 4-Way Video Switcher (4 in, 1 Out) for Cars, Trucks, RVs : Electronics
Old 08-06-2022, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

https://www.adcmobile.com/product/mu...ngler-rfm-wr1/
Old 10-12-2022, 08:05 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks moodyalaskan, I had an adapter that allowed me to connect the two cameras together behind my stereo. There is no way of switching between the front and rear cameras. When I have both of them connected I put it in reverse it will display both the rear and front cameras kinda overlaping each other, it doesn't work very well. It might not work with the factory stereo without having a way to toggle between the two views.
Old 10-13-2022, 04:27 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 133 Likes on 119 Posts

I've used a MyGig Lockpick for a long time now. It has several camera inputs that you can switch between, plus other functionality. https://www.coastaletech.com/MYGIG.htm

Quick Reply: Dual camera instal.