Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

DRL's on 2011 Wrangler

Old 02-13-2016, 03:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack
I have the flashcal and now have my DRLs on my signal lights up front on bright. I plan on swapping to LED bulbs in there as they burn out quicker doing this. But its much better than having my truck lites flickering on drl. to the op, great choice in year and color! 11' mango unlimited here!
You might have an issue running LED's. I run the same DRL's and have the same issues with them burning out faster. I switched to LED and they don't pull enough current to tell the CPU that there is a lamp in the socket. Your dash will light up and you will keep seeing the dumb turn signal warning (depending on your dash ). I had to go back to regular lamps. I'm sure someone can add a resistor somewhere but who has time for all that mine is a 2013
Old 02-13-2016, 10:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I can wire in a resistor, takes like 2 min. I am going to need them anyways as I am going with LED in the rear as well!
Old 02-13-2016, 02:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack
I can wire in a resistor, takes like 2 min. I am going to need them anyways as I am going with LED in the rear as well!
Nice!!!

Quick Reply: DRL's on 2011 Wrangler