Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Driving Lights vs. Fogs

Old 12-27-2010, 06:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving Lights vs. Fogs

I found a RR Front Bumper Lightbar under the Tree this Christmas and now have to decide whether I'm going to mount Driving Lamps or Fogs. I'm thinking that I want to go with Hella 500's or Black Magics. The lightbar has 3 tabs on it, so technically I guess I could mount both.

I've also noticed that most kits are sold in pairs except for the Rugged Ridge Lamps. Is it a problem to slpice in to add an additional Hella and run it off the same relay/switch.

I should also point out that I'm running IPF968's on my windsheild mounts.

Any input is appreciated.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

PIAA 525 are both driving and fogs in one.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have Hella 500 on my windshield and they give off a pretty plain white light with a tiny bit of yellow tint. It does light the way, dont get me wrong. I would say it is also more of a wide beam

I also have Hella black magic on my front. They give a more clear blueish light with a pin point beam and look pretty sweet

I like both my hella lights and often wonder what the 500 would look like on my bumper and BM on my windshield.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more question
Old 12-28-2010, 06:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by action.is.go
I've also noticed that most kits are sold in pairs except for the Rugged Ridge Lamps. Is it a problem to slpice in to add an additional Hella and run it off the same relay/switch.
You can buy individual lights. But you have to be careful adding them to an existing harness. You have to make sure that the existing harness will handel the additional load.

Quick Reply: Driving Lights vs. Fogs