Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Driving light options that add lights not just replace or upgrade existing lights?

Old 12-16-2012, 05:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Ford
Illegal is "Illegal". Doesn't matter how you rationalize it. We havn't even began to talk about being disrespectiful.
so you must be a cop and being disrespectiful I have not even started yet

So you have nothing on your rig that is illegal in anyway

And the only thing you can say is illegal about my setup it that the black magics are DOT approved

Last edited by jaker t5; 12-16-2012 at 05:34 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:46 AM
JK Newbie

Default Another thought..

Based on the reply by only having 4 lights on at once, I was thinking of maybe changing the factory fogs to driving lights and then mounting additional fog lights instead of driving lights. Any thoughts on replacements for factory fog lights to driving lights?
Old 12-16-2012, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I put HID bulbs in the factory fog housings. Awesome light output! Most of my driving is in the city, so I don't use them very often. I'm glad they are there though.

Why don't you guys take your pissing match off this thread???
Old 12-16-2012, 04:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich08809
Thanks for the info guys. Can't we all just get along?--------?
Here is what I would recommend to you. Leave your fog lights alone. Upgrade your OE lights if you want. But I would just invest the money in good auxiliary lights. Use your fog lights with your low beams. And install a good set of driving lights to work with your high beams. Incandescent, Halogen and LED's can be switched as many times as you like. HID's have a short start-up delay. And don't really liked to be switched often.

Originally Posted by jaker t5
so you must be a cop and being disrespectiful I have not even started yet

So you have nothing on your rig that is illegal in anyway

And the only thing you can say is illegal about my setup it that the black magics are DOT approved
No. I'm not a cop. And I'm not perfect. But I try to make sure that my ignorance only affects me. And not those around me. I'm just a concerned citizen who is forced to share the roads with idiots like you. I tried to be nice. But since you are determined to show off your ignorance. Then we will show just how deep it goes. Driving lights have a specific beam pattern designed to be used as / with High Beams. Shining them down on the ground may save you from a ticket. But the cross beam is still distracting to approaching drivers. Not to mention the improper and wasteful use of a good fixture. Yes they need to be DOT approved. But if you use them improperly, then it doesn't matter where you shine them. They are only "LEGAL" to be used with your "HIGH BEAMS". So I don't care where you shine them.

Originally Posted by Rich08809
Based on the reply by only having 4 lights on at once, I was thinking of maybe changing the factory fogs to driving lights and then mounting additional fog lights instead of driving lights. Any thoughts on replacements for factory fog lights to driving lights?
Why go to all that trouble. Just add driving lights.

Last edited by JK-Ford; 12-16-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Ford

No. I'm not a cop. And I'm not perfect. But I try to make sure that my ignorance only affects me. And not those around me. I'm just a concerned citizen who is forced to share the roads with idiots like you. I tried to be nice. But since you are determined to show off your ignorance. Then we will show just how deep it goes. Driving lights have a specific beam pattern designed to be used as / with High Beams. Shining them down on the ground may save you from a ticket. But the cross beam is still distracting to approaching drivers. Not to mention the improper and wasteful use of a good fixture. Yes they need to be DOT approved. But if you use them improperly, then it doesn't matter where you shine them. They are only "LEGAL" to be used with your "HIGH BEAMS". So I don't care where you shine them.
:
I was going to stay out of this but you responded , so thank you for clearing up how a damn light works , I would have never known that

Like I said before and again the lights in no way what so ever can even blind anyone unless they are driving a go kart at night and if you look at the beam pattern in the picture you can see that it does not have a horizontal beam because of the way they are mounted it goes more vertical and the cut off is really low

And as far as distracting other drivers I rather them stare at my setup then their phone

I will be real right now for the guy , if in any way that that my setup would interfere with anybody else driving I would not run it that way , I hate to tell you I have courtesy for other drivers no matter how big of a asshole they might be , when I first set this up that all ways on my mind

I didn't just mount these and called it done , it took me many of night to get it right to where my lights didn't effect anybody and I was able to use them for what I wanted

I took this right now from my POV , you can see that my cut off is really low and that my light really doesn't shine out to the sides , but what it does is fill in the black area in front of the jeep that the head lights don't show

Last edited by jaker t5; 12-16-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Driving light options that add lights not just replace or upgrade existing lights?