Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Driver Door Issue - No Power

Old 04-23-2020, 03:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Driver Door Issue - No Power

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and was hoping someone could help me identify an electrical issue on my '15 JK Sport. My driver door power is not working, and what I mean by that is, if I open my door the dome light won't cut on, no chimes if I leave my key in or have my lights on. I checked my plug connection and it looks good. My locks and windows are manual. I bought a multi-meter and grounded the black probe and stuck the red probe in the the connector near the clutch pedal and the dome light cut on and started beeping because I left my headlights on.

What does this mean? Is there anything else I should check. I did order a tool to remove my handle that cranks my window so I will be able to take off my door panel fully this weekend, if needed. If more information is needed please ask, and thanks for any input you all have!

Joe
Old 05-20-2020, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

Short long is I bought a used jeep and the doors had be swapped, and I installed my own power locks, for the doors and found with a test light that the plug was not making contact through to the door. One of the pins had rotted off, not making the connection. I was able to clean it push it further through and got a connection/ light on test unit, and now my door locks. When plug is connected. So test to make sure the current goes thru and to the plugs at door. Good luck
Old 06-05-2020, 08:11 PM
JK Newbie

I have a 2007 jku. I had the same problem. open the drivers door and no dome light. all the other doors turned on the dome light. so I disconnected the driver door harness and checked power. the harness has two rows of pins. one row of 3 and one row of 5 pins. the row with 3 pins has a black/white wire which is ground and a violet wire which is power for the door lock sensor which tells the computer when the door is open. use the multimeter to check voltage between the black and violet wire. should be around 2.9 volts. if you got voltage there then the problem is in the door. I took my door lock assemble out to check for voltage at the sensor harness. which had 2.9 volts when checked between the black/white and violet wire. make sure your harness is pluged into the jeep first. anyway I replaced the door lock assembly drivers side. part#4589277al and the dome light works again.

Quick Reply: Driver Door Issue - No Power