Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Double DIN install HELP!!

Old 12-31-2011, 02:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Double DIN install HELP!!

Hello,

I have a JVC NX-7000 with navigation that I'm attempting to install but having some trouble.

I intially bought a generic harness off ebay, where I attempted to hook up, in which I did and received power, but no audio coming out. I thought maybe the problem was that I had an Inifinty Sub from the factory. So I went to the local best buy, where I purchased a Axxess XSVI-6522-NAV, which is supposed to bypass the factory amp and make it unoperable, which was my only quick fix option. I still did not have audio coming from the unit.

So now I'm stuck. Does anyone have any suggestions? There is an antenna wire coming from the factory radio, and also a yellow wire for the amp and sub I believe, that I might need some kind of harness for.

I have conducted numerous searches, and found no help with this specific problem.

Thanks for any help!
Old 12-31-2011, 02:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What year is your Jeep?

if you have the 7 Speaker System you Need the Metra CHTO-03 connector

The antenna wire (if its not the radio coax) is probably your SAT Radio antenna wire

The Yellow Wire?? Not Sure

Last edited by gadget799; 12-31-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not sure about the connections, but had issues with my Kenwood that were only resolved by installing a PAC connector.

Try searching on crutchfield ( I think) as a US audio supplier, they will list what you need.

Had lots of Canbus issues till I put in the PAC connector.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by gadget799
What year is your Jeep?

if you have the 7 Speaker System you Need the Metra CHTO-03 connector

The antenna wire (if its not the radio coax) is probably your SAT Radio antenna wire

The Yellow Wire?? Not Sure

the yellow wire has the exact same connector that the antenna wire has, so it may indeed be the sirius antenna

I'm just wondering why the initial box didn't eliminate the amp and sub. I will purchase a Metra connector.

also on a side note, I purchased a ipod direct hook up wire, that I can't seem to get to work either!
Old 12-31-2011, 03:46 PM
JK Freak

I had the same issue when I was installing my deck with that harness you have ... Ended up returning it and getting the CHTO-03 for canbus systems and it fixed all the issues ..
Old 12-31-2011, 03:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are two wire harnesses, 1 for infinity system, 1. For the stock non infinity system. Make sure to get the right one. Mine ( non infinity) was all plug and play. Good luck. Don't forget to remove that meal bracket in the back!
Old 12-31-2011, 04:26 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys. I just ordered the metra cho-03.

Any tips on the removing the metal bracket?
Old 12-31-2011, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

hope the folks in this thread:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ystem-rebuild.

are watching.

They have advised the OP he doesn't need the adapter... it helps resolve all the canbus issues as I advised.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Freak

you can use a Dremel with cutting wheel or just a good old hack saw blade , elbow grease & patients

Last edited by gadget799; 12-31-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:29 PM
JK Newbie

Good deal.

Anyone have any experience with the iPod cable. I hooked the two audio rcas to the audio in, and the video to the video in, still no luck with it working. Seems like it should be hooked to a power source too, but there isn't any other cables.

Quick Reply: Double DIN install HELP!!