Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Double din DVD H/U subwoofer question....

Old 12-19-2010, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Double din DVD H/U subwoofer question....

I have a JVC KW-AVX820 I'm going to be installing and wondered how to hook up the RCA's. I know typically are two inputs from the H/U back to the amp. But my JVC has 2 sets of 2, (for 2 amps i'm guessing) and a single RCA marked subwoofer. I know there is a setting on it to control the sub. If I don't use the single RCA plug will I still have this sub control option, or is there an adapter that plugs into the double RCA's to a single, that would plug into the single output?
Old 12-20-2010, 04:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use the single RCA marked SUBWOOFER for the Sub. That will allow you to control the Sub crossover points at the H/U. The other two pairs are for Front (Left & Right) and Rear (Left & Right). They should be marked that way.

A lot of Sub amps use the Left marked input. The amps with two RCA inputs for a Sub channel will sometimes combine those two RCA inputs into one channel internally.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok thanks for the response. My question is do I need to get a 2 to 1 adapter for the RCA's into the single input into the H/U? I already ran the wires and don't want to re-run a single line RCA cable. Lol

Last edited by felix_434; 12-20-2010 at 07:08 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on the amp. Check the specs on it. One of the features will be "Bridged RCA Inputs" or something like that. If it does not say that and there are 2 RCA inputs ot the amp, just get a short splitter and split the RCA just before going into the AMP.

SUB
|
Amp
Y
|
|
|
RCA
|
H/U
Old 12-21-2010, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks again. I called the local CAR audio place, and they instructed me to purchase the rca y adapter and plug that into the single Subwoofer RCA out and I should be fine.

Quick Reply: Double din DVD H/U subwoofer question....