Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

DOT Approved - LED Headlights - Finally here!

Old 11-02-2009, 10:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by souprdawg
To the question of where to buy.....I have had mine for 1 1/2 month.
I bought mine at OK Auto 4WD and Tire for 299 ea. I had Silverstars and last Hella's....I have been very happy with these. They are tough to get alligned the way the need...but when you do they are bright and ultra white. I still have the Silverstars plugged into my factor foglamp which is in my AEV front bumper.....I have been happy with the fogs and they matched my headlights....now they appear really yellow when I cut on my LED's. The highbeams are insane bright. They fit perfectly. They come with a H13 plug in so I went to AutoZone and got 2 H13 female and soldered in to my factory wires....no problem. My $0.02....they have been worth the 299 ea.....still emptying every pocket you know.
Did you do anything with the wiring related to the pulsed width driving of the lights - capacitor across the leads?/ diodes in line? I guess diodes in line make no sense since the bulbs are diodes
Old 11-02-2009, 08:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you spent 600+ for 2 LED headlights!
Old 11-04-2009, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by backup
Hi.
Can anyone here tell me about a webshop that sells the LED headlights from TruckLite?
I was told to try NAPA Auto, but without any success. Maybe I haven't tried hard enough?
My shipping company is in New Jersey.

Stein, Norway,Europe
RDM Offroad has them.
And NAPA has them for $100 more each...

They have 10 10W LED's, 5 for low and 5 for high (I think).
The new generation of automotive LED's produce almost 900 lumens from each 10W LED --- so that's 4500 potential lumens for normal low beam. A 35W HID throws out 3600 lumens or so.

I'm going to go see a set demo'd on Friday night.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:19 PM
JK Newbie

5 low beam LEd's (top) and 5 high beam LED's. Low also activated with high-beam. Low beam current draw 2.5 A means max 30 W, or 6 W/led. High beam current draw 4.5 A means 2A for "high" LED's 24 W, or 4.8 W/led.

Must be different from VisionX's 10 W LED's that put out 900 Lumens per LED. Boy do I want a set of those S6100's if they weren't $600 each! I'd go for the REFLEX bar if I could figure out where to put it.

There is a quote on another forum from someone with the Cibie's that tried the Truck-lite's and went back to his Cibie's, and they are 1/3 the $...

I can't wait for your report on the LED's especially if you can compare them to the Cibie's.

Last edited by tturkstra; 11-05-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:17 AM
JK Freak

Any updates on this, anyone else shell out for them? 4wd has them up on their site now. I assume the $300 is per lamp
Old 06-08-2010, 09:31 AM
JK Newbie

Just picked up a set with a %15 discount online (~500 or so for the pair). My passenger side Cibie took a nicely sized rock the other day and didn't survive. I'll let you know how these compare when I get around to putting them in.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:24 PM
JK Newbie

Just got them in. They don't cover quite as much area to the left and right as my Cibies, but they're definitely brighter (I was using a modified H4 55w 6000k Bi-xenon HID setup). The LED's have a very bright spotlight in the center with a slightly less bright, but sharp projector-like cutoff pattern to the sides. The highbeams are unreal. I took some pics and I'll get them up here asap.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Default pictures?

Originally Posted by chicagoV12
Just got them in. They don't cover quite as much area to the left and right as my Cibies, but they're definitely brighter (I was using a modified H4 55w 6000k Bi-xenon HID setup). The LED's have a very bright spotlight in the center with a slightly less bright, but sharp projector-like cutoff pattern to the sides. The highbeams are unreal. I took some pics and I'll get them up here asap.
Hmm asap?
I'd still like to see the pictures if you got em.
There is nothing more important than being able to see properly at night.
But thats just my opinion. i'm not very happy with the output of the stock lights so I'm saving up for new ones...
Old 09-27-2010, 05:29 AM
JK Newbie

Bump...

Quick Reply: DOT Approved - LED Headlights - Finally here!