Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

DOT Approved - LED Headlights - Finally here!

Old 07-21-2009, 06:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cibie/LED?

I tried the Delta Quad-bars-- CRAP!

Got the Cibies GOOD STUFF!!

I even looked at the tail/brake led lights for my rig. They are certainly neato, but===

so far too expensive!

I'd go LED all round if the price was right! I bet alot of us would.
[are you listening lighting sales people?]

[[note: I've been interested in led lights for my inside the house to save $$ on the electric bill. I do have a few compact fluorescents.
But when they finally go bad, and you have to throw them out-you risk mercury poisoning. It seems led is the better way to go...
[I'm am probably going to buy LED Christmas lights. They look great!]]]]
Old 07-21-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Area-51
I realize they are not the same thing Jack, and not necessarily what they are referring to per se, but if they are being pushed to truckers, one would think that they would have to put off enough heat to account for some ice build up deterrent factor.
I assume nothing - Just because they market them to truckers I would still doubt it, and if those numbers are right...I doubt they will melt ice. I was mostly just pointing it out as something that should be considered for those in colder climates. Floridians need not worry.

Originally Posted by Littlejon
My stock JK headlights don't eat up enough to melt the ice either. It would be nice if they did, but I guess it isn't that big of a deal since when it is bad out I need to stop and clean the wipers every hour of two.
Wow, mine sure do. We get some wicked ice storms in the winter here in Oklahoma. I've (unfortunately) had to drive through some of the worst of them (irconically coming back from wheeling trips) and I had ice build up several inches thick on the front of my JK, except the headlights which were completely clear.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JackMac4
Am I the only one who is concerned about the lack of heat these put out? I've driven through enough snow and ice to know that you gotta have some heat or your lights will turn to ice in no time. I wonder if these put off enough to melt any accumulation.
Just use rainX. You won't have that problem.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Littlejon
My stock JK headlights don't eat up enough to melt the ice either. It would be nice if they did, but I guess it isn't that big of a deal since when it is bad out I need to stop and clean the wipers every hour of two.

WOW living in Alaska with my stock JK head lights, with all the snow and ice we get my headlights melt the snow and ice off them...
Old 08-22-2009, 04:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnnyrigger
WOW living in Alaska with my stock JK head lights, with all the snow and ice we get my headlights melt the snow and ice off them...
I am right on the boder for many snow / ice storms. Nothing like getting into the Jeep in the garage, diving about an hour or two and having 1/2" on the exterior.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:47 AM
JK Newbie

Hi.
Can anyone here tell me about a webshop that sells the LED headlights from TruckLite?
I was told to try NAPA Auto, but without any success. Maybe I haven't tried hard enough?
My shipping company is in New Jersey.

Stein, Norway,Europe
Old 08-24-2009, 04:30 PM
JK Newbie

Default LED Headlight Feedback

To the question of where to buy.....I have had mine for 1 1/2 month.
I bought mine at OK Auto 4WD and Tire for 299 ea. I had Silverstars and last Hella's....I have been very happy with these. They are tough to get alligned the way the need...but when you do they are bright and ultra white. I still have the Silverstars plugged into my factor foglamp which is in my AEV front bumper.....I have been happy with the fogs and they matched my headlights....now they appear really yellow when I cut on my LED's. The highbeams are insane bright. They fit perfectly. They come with a H13 plug in so I went to AutoZone and got 2 H13 female and soldered in to my factory wires....no problem. My $0.02....they have been worth the 299 ea.....still emptying every pocket you know.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by souprdawg
To the question of where to buy.....I have had mine for 1 1/2 month.
I bought mine at OK Auto 4WD and Tire for 299 ea. I had Silverstars and last Hella's....I have been very happy with these. They are tough to get alligned the way the need...but when you do they are bright and ultra white. I still have the Silverstars plugged into my factor foglamp which is in my AEV front bumper.....I have been happy with the fogs and they matched my headlights....now they appear really yellow when I cut on my LED's. The highbeams are insane bright. They fit perfectly. They come with a H13 plug in so I went to AutoZone and got 2 H13 female and soldered in to my factory wires....no problem. My $0.02....they have been worth the 299 ea.....still emptying every pocket you know.
How hard were they to install? I can handle the wiring fine, but what about fitting in lights themselves? Did you have to cut out the old headlights? Also, do you have daytime running lights and do they still work? The price seems high, but I might just go for it; I need better lights!
Old 10-04-2009, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

No cutting required. You simply unbolt 4 torx head screws on each light and the LED's fit right in and use the same trim ring and screws. No worries. I don't have daytime running lights but I would imagine that's just in your wiring/ecm so any light directed through the same wire harness should work.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

So what do they look like? How are they? Do anybody recommend them?

Quick Reply: DOT Approved - LED Headlights - Finally here!