Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Door lock problems?

Old 06-12-2008, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Door lock problems?

Anyone else experience a problem with their door locks? When mine auto lock or I use the key fob to lock the vehicle the passenger rear door makes a loud clicking noise ( several times) and the door does not lock.

Dealer will fix on Monday but I'm curious to hear if anyone else has had this problem.

Joe
The following users liked this post:
Seamonkey89 (08-22-2022)
Old 02-28-2011, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey, ever figure out what happened?

I'm having this exact issue right now. Anyone?

Last edited by EvolutionIXMR; 02-28-2011 at 05:46 AM.
Seamonkey89 (08-22-2022)
Old 03-06-2011, 04:46 PM
JK Newbie

Any updates on this problem? This exact same thing started happening to my 2dr 2010 just last week. I'm taking mine to the dealer later this week, but still curious.
Seamonkey89 (08-22-2022)
Old 03-06-2011, 04:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My door lock problems are different. I keep locking my keys inside. I know one day I will have her all sealed up and be screwed....not in a good way.

I often leave the keys in the ignition when I jump out to get the mail or what not. I tried shutting off the auto lock and everytime I think I have it...it reverts.

Sigh.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just started having problems with my locks too. The driver's side doesn't want to lock or unlock with the fob. Any ideas?
Old 03-14-2011, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've got a problem with my door locks... they work to good!

I locked my keys in the Jeep and the tow truck driver took a good 45 min to get into the thing!
Old 03-14-2011, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just started having issues with driver side door not unlocking with remote. It's an intermittent problem, but is very irritating. Guess I'll have to take in.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:56 AM
JK Newbie

Just got this notice in the mail 2 days ago. Already took mine in & got the work done. I have a 2dr & they replaced the passenger door & swing gate door latches...works like a champ now!

CUSTOMER SATISFACTION NOTIFICATION L03
DOOR LATCHES
Dear: (Name)
At Chrysler Group LLC, you can be assured that we are changing the way we look at quality. To prove our commitment to quality, the company is investing in and prioritizing improvements for every vehicle that we build. As part of that commitment, we are also targeting existing vehicles on the road today and contacting our customers to provide these quality improvements, at no charge, that will help to improve your ownership satisfaction.

We are recommending the following improvements be performed on some 2011 model year Ram Trucks and 2010 and 2011 model year Jeep Wrangler vehicles equipped with power door locks.

Recommended Service:
The right front door latch, right rear door latch and/or swing gate latch on your vehicle (VIN: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) may develop a ratcheting sound while using the power door locks.

What your dealer will do:
Chrysler will service your vehicle free of charge (parts and labor). To do this, your dealer will inspect the door and swing gate latches and replace them if necessary. The work will take up to 1.5 hours to complete. We recommend that you make an appointment with your dealer to minimize your inconvenience.

What you should do:
Simply contact your Chrysler, Jeep, or Dodge dealer, at your convenience, to schedule a service appointment. Your dealer will collect the necessary information to ensure that the appropriate parts are available so your service can be completed in a timely manner. Although not required, we recommend bringing this letter with you to your dealer, when you bring your vehicle in for this service.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I Fixed It?

Well,
Last weekend I finally got around to looking into the lock problems.

I took the plastic cover off of the interior of the door hoping that I could find a loose connection or a binding somewhere.

The cable that connects the lock latch on the inside to the locking mechanism is run behind another panel. I couldn't find anything that was obviously wrong, so I hit the remote lock to see if that would give me any ideas as to where to look.

And to my surprise...it WORKED . I have no idea why it did, I didn't change anything, but it works.

I put the cover back on, and it's been working every time for the past few days. I'm not complaining, it took a whole 5 min and didn't cost me anything, but I would still like to know what caused the malfunction in the first place.
Seamonkey89 (08-22-2022)
Old 04-12-2011, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

its a recall along with the axle bolts on some 2010 models

Quick Reply: Door lock problems?