Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Door lock and keyless entry help

Old 07-22-2010, 02:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door lock and keyless entry help

Removed the doors to Herculine the floor last weekend, I have a used 2007 X 2 dr jeep which the previous owner installed a Black Widow keyless entry system. The stock jeep did not have keyless entry. The locks have worked perfect since I bought it.

So after unhooking the OEM connector and 2 blue and green wires (for the black widows door lock) from the doors and then putting them back on, now I only hear the Black Widow control module box clicking to lock/unlock the doors but the Door locks don't work anymore, I have to use the key.

I have done the reset to factory settings, checked all the fuses and connections. Is there something with the Jeep that has been switched off or reset after taking off the doors? I just don't understand why this happened.

Help me please, any ideas would be welcome, good or bad!
Old 07-22-2010, 03:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Because you have an black widow entry system doing anything to the jeep will not help. You removed the doors, did you connect the black widow wiring corectly? At this point I would disconnect the wiring for the locks and connect them one at a time and see witch one is bad. If that does not work do you know where the black widow control box is? see if there is a reset button. And the other one is maybe a clip came off the lock so you will have to open up the door panel and see/ reinstall what ever fell off. But if you hear the lock clicking it is probly a wiring issue! as well check you ground at the doors.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:41 AM
JK Freak

Because you have an black widow entry system doing anything to the jeep will not help. You removed the doors, did you connect the black widow wiring corectly? At this point I would disconnect the wiring for the locks and connect them one at a time and see witch one is bad. If that does not work do you know where the black widow control box is? see if there is a reset button. And the other one is maybe a clip came off the lock so you will have to open up the door panel and see/ reinstall what ever fell off. But if you hear the lock clicking it is probly a wiring issue! as well check you ground at the doors.
yes i connected the wiring back correctly-only 2 ways to do it. blue to blue and green to green.

No reset button on the box...last night I set everything back to default via the valet switch-nothing...

I hear the balck widow box clicking as it always has but the doors lock do nothing, no clicking from them not even an attempt to unlock/lock.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:47 AM
JK Freak

Model # BW-853
Old 08-12-2010, 03:12 AM
JK Freak

pulled apart the module and checked for burnt traces...None. All connections and fuses are good.

Used a drills battery check to verify the Door actuaters work. They Do.

There has to be something with the Jeep and not the alarm..... It still uses the OEM connectors to install/remove the doors. Is there something that resets it when you remove the doors and unclip that OEM connector????????????

Quick Reply: Door lock and keyless entry help