Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Do you own Smittybuilt Air Compressor?

Old 06-01-2012, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have mine hard wired to the batt. and out in the weather over a year now , with no problems , yours must have been just a freak thing.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 001.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	324439   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 002.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	324440   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 003.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	324441  
Old 12-05-2019, 05:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smittybilt Compressor

Originally Posted by SFBayArea
Yes, I had it permanently attached to the battery and no external switches. I heard it right away, I just could not figure out what it was as I was not expecting compressor to come on. I jumped to it probably in one minute. Why it was smoking after working for a minute is beyond me. At first I too thought that I did not hear it, but I touched the compressor and it was not hot at all - the thing you'd expect from compressor running for a while.

Problem is that I am no electrician and always feel uneasy working with electronics. How do I make this thing work again? Is it easy to replace internal switch?
Can I make the compressor to a on board compressor and do I need a relay and why ?

Quick Reply: Do you own Smittybuilt Air Compressor?