Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Do U realy need the interface module to do aftermarket stereo

Old 11-05-2013, 12:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased it for 75 from a guy in Canada... Really gotta search for deals up here... Shipping is always so ridiculous! Anyone know if you also need the metra mounting kit for install? THX!
Old 11-05-2013, 06:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by srtnation
I just purchased it for 75 from a guy in Canada... Really gotta search for deals up here... Shipping is always so ridiculous! Anyone know if you also need the metra mounting kit for install? THX!
. $89 free shipping on Amazon prime. Metra kit works well do you need single or double din?
Old 01-21-2020, 08:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by hardcoreoffroad
Do U really need that $125.00 interface box to install an aftermarket sterio. Cant you just run a power cable to the baterie . My jk is all manual ,(no stering wheel controlls,blue tooth , or anything fancy,no amp,no sub.) I have carpet and floor mats,manual windows,and door locks, and thats it . Its a plane jane JK Jeep.
@hardcoreoffroad did you manage to figure it out? would you recommend it?

Sorry for being off-topic. I'm looking for a good stereo and can't make my mind up which one is the best.

There are so many aftermarket stereos that it's hard to find a good one. Many of them have one digit difference in their name. Anyways I've been reading reviews on the nets and they are all hype. Most of them downplay the negatives and hype features like 7" as if it would be that important. I've found a different blog and I've set my heart on the kenwood dmx7706s. The thing I liked about this blog is that it says it how it is. No sugar coating no BS. This kenwood post review is a bit critical. It has highlighted some flaws that put me on the fence. What do you say?

Any tips?
Old 10-02-2021, 08:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Vernnz
You could wire it all yourself but you would need a Switched power, Ground, Memory (Constant), possibly reverse and dimmer.

The wiring harness you would need is the Metra XSVI-6522. There are others made by PAC and Scosche but I don't know their part numbers. The Metra is $40 - $50 right now. It is THE easiest way.

I am not a fan of cutting the factory harness.
This just help me confirm what I have bee thinking the hole time the scosche part #CR02B. 2002 - 2007 years Chrysler/jeep vehicle connector

Quick Reply: Do U realy need the interface module to do aftermarket stereo