Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Do I have an amp from the factory for the speakers?

Old 07-03-2021, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Do I have an amp from the factory for the speakers?

2018 JKU sport here.
I have no subwoofer from the factory.

wondering if I have an amp or if my headunit from the factory provides the power to the speakers?
If I do have an amp, would removing it cause any computer or module issues with other systems in the Jeep?
Old 07-03-2021, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator
Veteran: National Guard

Received 405 Likes on 380 Posts

I am not aware of any SPORT model having a Sub and an Amp. The Head Unit is powering the Speakers.
The following users liked this post:
J. Dub (07-04-2021)
Old 07-03-2021, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay2013jk
I am not aware of any SPORT model having a Sub and an Amp. The Head Unit is powering the Speakers.
Awesome, so no sense in me getting into the dash to try & locate it. Cheers mate
Old 07-04-2021, 02:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

2011 JK Sahara. I had factory Infinity sound system upgrade with amp. The amp was located in the driver's foot well up under the dash. I removed it to do a complete down to the wiring upgrade. I left it's un-connected connection zip-tied up and out of the way just in case, but I have had no negative effects regarding this effecting any other modules or confusing the CAN bus at all.
The following users liked this post:
J. Dub (07-04-2021)

Quick Reply: Do I have an amp from the factory for the speakers?