Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Delta Light Bar

Old 02-11-2012, 09:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delta Light Bar

Anyone have the delta light bar?! I found a pretty decent price, but can't find any reviews for it. Anyone running and delta products.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did a lot of research & ended up buying a Delta light bar for my TJ. It had pretty good output (this is pre-LED revolution) & most of all, minimal height. I very much liked the fact that the lights were wired up 2 + 4, so you could run 2, 4 or 6 at a time. They've since made some slight improvements like adding a deflector to cut (a little bit) the downward glare to the hood. Overall it's a very nicely made unit & the connectors (when I bought mine) were top notch waterproof ones.

Having said all that ... the instructions were really "guidelines" when it comes to wiring. I corresponded with the owner who was responsive but just didn't have a lot of helpful info. He did replace the light covers that were cracked in shipment extremely quickly.

Everything was nicely made & fit quite well but I never did figure out a really tidy way to run the wiring (I'm a little obsessive about that, I'll admit). Before I did get it done, I ended up selling the TJ. So now I need to sell the light bar but haven't got around to posting it. Having too much fun with my JK!

I think overall you might be better off with one of the large LED bars with one of the newer windshield frame supports. The LEDs will draw less power (meaning easier wiring) & I think the Delta bar is still pretty damn expensive so it might be a wash $$$ wise. Whichever way you go, do be prepared for additional wind noise at highway speed.

HTH!
Old 02-12-2012, 12:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have one and i agree with everything said above.

Light output is ok for regular bulbs and wiring was not well planned. They want u to run the wires from back of bar on passenger side through the top corner of door gasket. Hell no! These tops leak enough without extra crap touching the In the door gasket. I made a down tube for mine that attached from bottom of horizontal light bar along driver a-pillar down to the pillar mounted lights and ran my wires inside to tube. When i got done with it my friends tell me they thought it came that way. Looks clean

The top of lightbar is flush with top of jeep

From inside the jeep u cannot see any of the lightbar arms or the bar itself. Driving with it installed feels like it is not even there, except for additional wind noise since any lightbar disrupts the airflow over the windshield and roofline.

When i was in Moab, my friend and i went for a tour at around 2am with all the lights on. We were slowly coming up and over a hillside and as we came over the top there were jeeps everywhere. We pulled up beside one guy pouring out his beer and i introduce my friend and i and this guy said to me " i poured out my beer when i thought the sun was rising at this time of night. I knew right then i have had too much to drink!". Several other guys laughed and agreed, my jeeps lights gave a glow on thier side like the sun was coming up and since these new jk's are golf cart quiet, they didnt hear us at all until on thier side of the hill. Quite funny to me.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2348022415.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	276990   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-77817775.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	276991   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-218136860.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	276992   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1063844553.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	276993   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3226110643.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	276994  

Last edited by Earth Siege; 02-12-2012 at 01:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Delta Light Bar