Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

DEI Alarm Motion Sensor

Old 08-25-2010, 04:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DEI Alarm Motion Sensor

Thanks to the author and other contributing members of this thread (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...+motion+sensor) I was able to install a motion sensor and connect it to the stock alarm for additional theft protection.

I started with one DEI motion sensor (DEI 508D $30 on ebay) and installed it inside the lid for the center console. Once installed and fine tuned it provides adequate protection for the front passenger area and decent protection in the rear passenger area with only a few false alarms since install. It did not provide any protection for the cargo area.

I have since installed a second sensor on the rear tailgate. This sensor alone provides good protection for the entire jeep when tested with the front sensor disconnected. With both sensors its perfect. Since I installed the rear sensor in plain view on the tailgate I hit it with some bedliner I had lying around. I ran the wires through the tailgate and installed the relay behind the passenger tail light. I got constant power from an aux fuse box that I have installed above the rear passenger wheel well and the switched power from another aux fuse box I have up front under the glove box. The relay is Napa part #AR143 ($9.00)wired as follows:
85-Ground
30-Connected to purple/orange wire from tailgate
86-Switched Positive Source
87A-Blue Wire From Sensor
87-Not used
Red Wire from Sensor-Constant Positive Source
Black Wire from Sensor-Ground
Green Wire from Sensor-Not used

I dont have any pics from the front sensor but it is wired the same and installed in the lid of the center console facing up and running legth wise. After installing both, I would say if you are going to only have one sensor, the tailgate gives better protection for the entire jeep...

Here are the pics from the rear sensor install.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:17 PM
JK Freak

Right on! Looks great! I referenced your thread in my write-up. Thanks for your contribution!
Old 09-06-2010, 07:53 PM
JK Newbie

pretty sweet setup
how long will the alarm go off before shutting itself off?

Quick Reply: DEI Alarm Motion Sensor