Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Dealer Amp Help

Old 01-29-2008, 06:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before i bring it to another dealer i have to have the dealership fix the airbag dash cover the gouged and the dash cover ontop of the radio they broke. They are ridiculous and this will be the 4th attempt at repair. Think I might file for lemon Law next and get a replacement. To many problems with a new jeep
Old 01-30-2008, 12:38 PM
JK Newbie

Dealer has finally agreed to replace the amp. They claim today there is a new tsb stating the amp should be replaced with a 2007 model?
Old 01-30-2008, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just had mine reflashed yesterday and I don't think the music sizzles as much as before. Still sounds good but just not as good. I tried readjusting the bass, mid, treble from the way I had it and it sounds better now, but still not as good as before. Nice to be able to use the CD player now though.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

last I had heard was that the AMP problem was fixed and all vehicles built after 12/10/07 had the correct hardware and software for the infinity AMP. so if yours is a real recent 08 it might not be affected by this TSB.
mine was built 12/21 and I have a real rich sound and also no popping and crackling except if I burn an MP3 CD and have the gain on the MP3 file too high then it sounds crappy - but thatwas easily fixed by 'mp3gain' to 90 instead of 91 or 92
-Christopher
Old 02-01-2008, 07:41 AM
JK Newbie

The dealer replaced my 2008 amp with a 2007 amp. They claimed this is the new tsb to replace amp with 2007 model?

Can someone tell me if you fade the radio to the rear speakers is there hardly any music that comes out of the soundbar speakers?

I can tell since the amp replacement that the sound is way down and the bass doesnt hit as hard as before.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sahara
The dealer replaced my 2008 amp with a 2007 amp. They claimed this is the new tsb to replace amp with 2007 model?

Can someone tell me if you fade the radio to the rear speakers is there hardly any music that comes out of the soundbar speakers?

I can tell since the amp replacement that the sound is way down and the bass doesnt hit as hard as before.
Check out this thread:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...+rear+speakers

I never had the popping, but I thought something must be wrong wiht mine since hardly anything comes out of them. Turns out that's how they were designed.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:14 PM
no9
JK Newbie

I get only a little snap crackle but when the abs comes on the radio shuts off and comes back on. Anybody know if thats amp or reflash or both. It's an 07' with 18k on it so dealer here I come

Quick Reply: Dealer Amp Help