Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Dealer Amp Help

Old 01-22-2008, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok i just got back from the dealer they ordered me an amp a month ago i asked for an AG but they sent an AH they switched it out i guess i couldnt see the jeep when i was there anyway they either flashed it or replaced it (they said they replaced it) and it sounds just as good as before and no more pop or crack
good deal !!!!
Old 01-23-2008, 04:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My info may be older but I was under the impression that the 2008 Amp was the AH model and that I needed to get the AG which was the one for the 07 model. It apparently didn't have the popping problem. I have had my amp replaced with the AG and it has fixed the problem. I will say that I too have noticed a change in the sound and that it doesn’t hurt my ears to crank it up now...

Anyway, this is a copy from some of an email sent to me from one of the engineers at Harmon Becker. He seemed to emphasize that I needed the AG not the AH

"On the popping noise, This is another important note for MY08 Wrangler users that have an external amplifier with the MyGIG radio. There is too much gain in the external amplifier (premium sound system) at low volume levels that is creating clipping of the audio signal. It produces a “pop and crackle” sound especially in the high bass setting of the radio. If you have this problem please have your amplifier replaced with part number Z5064140AG by your dealer.

Make sure the part number has the suffix AG, it corrects the gain issue.

Best Regards,

Steve Montealegre "
Old 01-23-2008, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

when i went in yesterday they replaced the amp with ah they told me that when a part is updated the letters change ie: a-b-c-d-e-f-g-h etc so h is newer than g anywho it fixed the prob and allthough its not as rich sounding its still good
Old 01-23-2008, 11:09 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperSaiks
Naples let me know because the dealership ordered the new amp AH which is the newest one AG is an older one. I brought my 08 in for the flash and they said it didn't apply to my jeep vin#.. Don't know why, I know the service manager and he order the AH and told me it was the new product # then the AG.
You might go back because I'm pretty sure the TSB applies to all 08s.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

jack i dont understand
Old 01-23-2008, 03:23 PM
JK Newbie

I had the amp update done yesterday. They just did the down load and didnt swap the amp. I think the sound is way better but mine was pretty bad. But I am very happy now.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I had the reflash and I think it sounds great. It stillhas lots of punch with the bass.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

Where can i get the service bulliten from becker stating the amp needs to be replaced as oppossed to being reflashed.

I am having a ton of trouble with the dealership with this cracking noise. They tried to reflash the amp and it didnt work. Next the just replaced the Radio and that didnt work. I keep telling the the amp is gone and they will not replace it claiming if it isnt the amp that is bad then jeep will charge the dealer $900 for the amp not being bad.

This will be the third time brinng the jeep in for the same problem. Also, jeep customer service will not help even to authorize a new amp replacement..
Old 01-24-2008, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

somewhere on this forum there is a post about it but its a copy of a email
i didnt see an official letterhead from becker on it
your dealer sucks goto a different one (any dodge,chrysler,jeep dealer)
you need an amp
now since you didnt need a radio is chrysler charging your dealer for it?
there blowing smoke
Old 01-24-2008, 08:02 PM
JK Junkie

The amp is only $199 from Jeep if you just buy it yourself. WTF $900?

Quick Reply: Dealer Amp Help