Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

DDM HID help

Old 01-15-2012, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awwome thanks for the info
Old 01-15-2012, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DKJEEP
Do not listen to this guy.... I put a 55w kit from DDM in my STOCK lamps and the output is far superior to the stock lighting. I adjusted them so that oncoming traffic is not blinded. I never get bright lighted by someone thinking my high beams are on.
Yep, that's what the auto manufacturers do to determine if their lighting designs are good or not - they get some guy in Texas to look at them and say they're better than stock. Never mind all of that pesky photometrics.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mikekeeper
Yep, that's what the auto manufacturers do to determine if their lighting designs are good or not - they get some guy in Texas to look at them and say they're better than stock. Never mind all of that pesky photometrics.
Whatever man, its crazy to say that you should not do this unless you do a complete retrofit. I and countless others on this forum (some from Texas) have retrofitted HID kits into their stock housings. My personal experience is that the light output is vastly superior to just the stock bulbs. You two seem to be the only people I have heard with reservations about it. You must be old.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:41 PM
JK Freak

Do not listen to this guy.... I put a 55w kit from DDM in my STOCK lamps and the output is far superior to the stock lighting. I adjusted them so that oncoming traffic is not blinded. I never get bright lighted by someone thinking my high beams are on.

Just because no one is flashing their lights at you doesn't mean your HID retrofit isn't blinding them with glare. I pass by about a dozen assholes with with these cheap HID kits every night and I don't flash my lights at them. Its just as bad when they're behind me. Its blinding, distracting, and its ILLEGAL. I'll admit that I would love to have them. I'm sure they are great when you're the driver with them. But I know how annoying they are and don't want to be the asshole with the blinding lights.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:49 PM
JK Freak

Your right, I better take these out before I get a ticket.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:03 PM
JK Freak

Your right, I better take these out before I get a ticket.
I'm not trying to convince you to remove them. I'm simply saying your an asshole for disregarding other people's safety by blinding them with your shitty HID retrofit.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:05 PM
JK Freak

I use to have the 55 watt kit in headlights and 35 watt in fogs. Took them out. They are a lot better then stock. But its not worth blinding people. Should have just saved my money lol
Old 01-15-2012, 07:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SH0RTBUS
I'm not trying to convince you to remove them. I'm simply saying your an asshole for disregarding other people's safety by blinding them with your shitty HID retrofit.
All I can see in your post is blah blah blah..... If it bothers you that much stop driving when it's dark outside.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:05 PM
JK Newbie

Its pretty ignorant to tell someone to stop driving at night when you're using obnoxious lights that put more light UPWARDS than onto the road. Why? Because it's not the right housing! HIDs are made for projectors and anyone who uses them in a halogen housing is a complete moron.

Educate yourself and I'm sure you'll agree.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am so tired of people bashing people that install hids in the stock housing every post I see about this ends up in a flame war. . If its not your thing don't post. . Yes I installed them in mine and from what I can tell its just about the same pattern light. When aimed right they are fine. . Again if its not your thing than don't post. .

Quick Reply: DDM HID help