Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Daystar switches

Old 03-03-2012, 08:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Daystar switches

Is there anywhere that might stock the switches that fit in the Daystar switch panel? By that I mean somewhere I could grab one tomorrow. I have a set of lights to install and I want the switch to fit in the panel I already have. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-04-2012, 05:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any 4WD around you? Northridge 4x4 also has them, but your location says LA.

An alternative is going to an auto parts store (Auto Zone) and getting a cheap temporary one that you replace when receiving the Daystars.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:46 AM
JK Newbie

I agree with Sahara_Maverick, but have you considered switches from OTRATTW.com?
Old 03-04-2012, 02:52 PM
JK Freak

No I hadn't considered them. I'll have to check them out. I didn't end up having time to install the lights. I painted the bumper and now I am chasing the toddler around the house. Thanks for the suggestion though. I have a little time between now and next weekend to check those switches out before I get to install the lights.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DillionDay
I agree with Sahara_Maverick, but have you considered switches from OTRATTW.com?
YES! Get those. I just installed two of them over the weekend. Look awesome. Light up green with dash lights and then red light (or other combination) when turned on. Plus they look a lot more stock.
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	285444

Last edited by tmork; 03-05-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tmork
YES! Get those. I just installed two of them over the weekend. Look awesome. Light up green with dash lights and then red light (or other combination) when turned on. Plus they look a lot more stock.
Attachment 285444
I have these switches but havnt wired them yet. Can i ask how you did the wiring..red power to bottom of the switch, etc?

Thanks!
Steve
Old 03-06-2012, 12:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepguy553
Is there anywhere that might stock the switches that fit in the Daystar switch panel? By that I mean somewhere I could grab one tomorrow. I have a set of lights to install and I want the switch to fit in the panel I already have. Thanks in advance!
Some of the electrical supply house's. Or the electronuics supply house's carry these switches. They wil sell "over the counter" without a contractors license. You can also try the Marine supply house's.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevedm
I have these switches but havnt wired them yet. Can i ask how you did the wiring..red power to bottom of the switch, etc?

Thanks!
Steve
I'd have to pull them off and look. I just went by the diagram provided with the switches.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:31 AM
JK Freak

Just ordered two of the OTRATTW switches..."FOG LIGHTS" and "NAV LIGHTS". I should have them in a couple of days. I assume they will fit the Daystar lower switch panel.
Thanks for the suggestions. I think these are going to look much better than the plain Daystar switches.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepguy553
Just ordered two of the OTRATTW switches..."FOG LIGHTS" and "NAV LIGHTS". I should have them in a couple of days. I assume they will fit the Daystar lower switch panel.
Thanks for the suggestions. I think these are going to look much better than the plain Daystar switches.
Yes, they fit the DayStar panel. The only "issue" is that if you mount them side by side, you will have to shave the switches down just a little as they bow out unlike the DayStar switches. I only have two myself and mounted them in the 1 and 3 spot on the panel so I'm OK until I get a third switch. When that happens, I'll just run them on a belt sander for a coupel seconds on each side.

Quick Reply: Daystar switches