Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Dashboard chimes and mygig dims or shuts off temporarily.

Old 03-18-2010, 04:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dashboard chimes and mygig dims or shuts off temporarily.

I came across this for the first time this past weekend on our Oatman Massacre run (see trails and tales). It happens randomly but also must note that it happens when using the CB radio mic. The same chime that you hear when the fuel is low or you put it into 4 lo comes on and at the same time the mygig appears to go into night mode for a split second and then back to normal. On another instance the my gig shut off altogether and came back on. Very weird. Anyone else experience anything like this?
Old 03-18-2010, 10:19 PM
JK Newbie

Ya, thats new... I dont have a mygig but where did you tap the power for your cb? One other thing I can think of is that the cb is introducing noise into your CAN HI and CAN LO wires, they tell the mygig that you have your lights on and the ignition is active. I have a cheap Sirius radio that when I key my mic, I can hear myself through my car stereo...Make sure your antenna is properly grounded and that there is NO continuity to ground!
Old 03-19-2010, 08:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by js324
Ya, thats new... I dont have a mygig but where did you tap the power for your cb? One other thing I can think of is that the cb is introducing noise into your CAN HI and CAN LO wires, they tell the mygig that you have your lights on and the ignition is active. I have a cheap Sirius radio that when I key my mic, I can hear myself through my car stereo...Make sure your antenna is properly grounded and that there is NO continuity to ground!
The cb is hardwired to the battery. And I'm pretty sure the antenna is grounded properly although I should check to make sure everything is still hooked up right. I've had this cb setup for a year and a half now with no issues until now.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:07 AM
JK Newbie

Hrm... It sounds like a legitimate setup, try some ferrite rings to throw on your connections. Theyre cheap and I throw them on anything giving me a problem with EMF interference.

http://www.google.com/products?q=fer...l=en&scoring=p

Quick Reply: Dashboard chimes and mygig dims or shuts off temporarily.