Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Daniel Stern is Back 02/13/09

Old 02-13-2009, 02:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daniel Stern is Back 02/13/09

I just spoke with Daniel Stern and was able to order my new light system, including the 7" Cibie H4 lights, 4 bulbs, and the harness which he stated is upgraded so you don't have to cut and splice the bulb plugs. It should be even easier than before, which evidently was already quite easy.

I suggested to him that he just market a "JK Package For Dummies" with bulb choice being an option, and he said he'll probably do this soon. But in actuality, it took about 15 minutes to speak with him, place my order, and pay with a credit card. Maybe less. But I had already read dozens of threads several times trying to figure out what I needed/wanted.

I'll keep you posted about the install and results. BTW I went with the 70/60 Osram plus 50 bulbs. He said nobody that had chosen these had returned them for brighter bulbs because the brighter bulbs like the 85/80's require you to tilt the headlight down lower so the pattern of the light actually is less than you can have with the 70/60's.

I plan to install some Lightforce Offroad Lights (Strikers X 3 on the bumper) as well before too long, so that should be PLENTY of light in nearly all circumstances.

Waiting for delivery,....

EDIT,..

I have posted my write-up of this project. CHeck it out!!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/thanks-daniel-stern-76058/

Last edited by mmcan; 03-08-2009 at 07:41 AM.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

How much did it all cost if you don`t mind me asking.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

X2 .
Old 02-14-2009, 06:30 AM
JK Super Freak

It cost right around $350-$360 delivered, and I forgot to list that I also got upgrades to the bulbs on my fender flares so they can be seen easier (also with the ability to blink and seen by a car next to me).

DS said the guy who makes the harness for Susquehanna is the same one who makes his, and the cost is the same.

I did not Ebay the cost of all these things combined. It was just too easy to one stop shop with him.

I had also wanted to upgrade my fog lights, but he said don't even think about it prior to checking out the new Cibies. I had been using the fogs to illuminate near field objects better bc the stock lights suck so bad.

I had looked at just plopping in the Delta Quadbar lights, but all the reviews I could find said the same think,... For not much more money, the light/lighting quality is MUCH better with the Cibies. The only thing that got a better review was a Marchal (sp?) but they're evidently no longer available.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:07 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The company that makes those harnesses has even gone one step further with them. Now they are including the H13 male connectors already installed, so it is TOTALLY plug and play. All you have to do is hook up a hot a ground, mount the relays, route the harness and plug it all in. If you can't do that, then you shouldn't have bought a Jeep and probably don't need a vehicle at all.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
The company that makes those harnesses has even gone one step further with them. Now they are including the H13 male connectors already installed, so it is TOTALLY plug and play. All you have to do is hook up a hot a ground, mount the relays, route the harness and plug it all in. If you can't do that, then you shouldn't have bought a Jeep and probably don't need a vehicle at all.

Like he said,...

And I got that harness coming, Redneck!
Old 02-14-2009, 03:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mmcan
It cost right around $350-$360 delivered, and I forgot to list that I also got upgrades to the bulbs on my fender flares so they can be seen easier (also with the ability to blink and seen by a car next to me).

DS said the guy who makes the harness for Susquehanna is the same one who makes his, and the cost is the same.

I did not Ebay the cost of all these things combined. It was just too easy to one stop shop with him.

I had also wanted to upgrade my fog lights, but he said don't even think about it prior to checking out the new Cibies. I had been using the fogs to illuminate near field objects better bc the stock lights suck so bad.

I had looked at just plopping in the Delta Quadbar lights, but all the reviews I could find said the same think,... For not much more money, the light/lighting quality is MUCH better with the Cibies. The only thing that got a better review was a Marchal (sp?) but they're evidently no longer available.
Yeah I wish I would have went with the cubies for that price.I paid $116 for the deltas,$57 shipping(total BS) and $65 for silverstar ultra bulbs due to the bulbs delta send sucking soooo bad.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:08 PM
JK Newbie

I'm working with the harness builder at Susquehanna to customize the harness for extra driving lights as well - all integrated. Will post a write-up and pics once I get it.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:58 PM
JK Newbie

I returned my Delta quadbars to Quadratec. I placed my order [via voicemail] with DS and have yet to get a reply on the status of my order. But he did send an email saying he'd listen for my voicemail.

I keep hearing great things about this setup.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chuckmel
I returned my Delta quadbars to Quadratec. I placed my order [via voicemail] with DS and have yet to get a reply on the status of my order. But he did send an email saying he'd listen for my voicemail.

I keep hearing great things about this setup.
lol I wish I could send mine back but I have scratched the trim rings adjusting the crappy deltas so much...I hate the deltas worse than the stock jeep crap!!

Quick Reply: Daniel Stern is Back 02/13/09