Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Custom sub box ideas??

Old 11-06-2011, 08:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lockable box that opens down the middle so I can get to recovery gear/tools even if I cant open the tail gate. On the sides I have 8 of the recessed shackles to be able to tie stuff down to the top.

Storage space
2 L7S8's
Storage for 2 Long Arms

Old 11-15-2011, 08:44 PM
JK Newbie

Default sub box

Originally Posted by TheePsycho
I bought this custom sub box from a guy in Florida. These are his pictures of the box he makes. I'll post my own when it comes in the mail. This has a kicker solo baric L7 8" 2 ohm, powerbass xax 5640fd 5 channel amp.

hi, does that person make those to sell and can he modify it to fit any amp? How much did he charge you?

Looks like what i've been looking for - very nice.

thanks
Old 11-16-2011, 07:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jfutty
hi, does that person make those to sell and can he modify it to fit any amp? How much did he charge you?

Looks like what i've been looking for - very nice.

thanks
Does he have a website or something we can look at too, or a 2door model? I am looking for something similar but for a 2 door.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:11 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by LT1-YJ
nice and simple. prob sounds good with those 2 subs. Im thinkng of something a little more elaborate and possibly some fiberglas work too, but not huge. Maybe just one single JL sub or Alpine TypeR. well see what works.

thanks.
My buddy that I wheel with is a professional car/boat/whatever you want a system in you name it, audio installer. I had him do me a real nice system in the jeep. I am a 2dr as well. I always have my top off so I didn't want it to be able to be stolen. We decided to go 100% marine grade audio. Waterproof is nice he replaced all my stock speakers, (2front 2soundbar), with Rockford fosgate waterproof speakers. He de-tuned the factory setting of "quiet-ness" it's loud!!! I used to be only able to go up to 18 before sounding bad and like it was gonna blow. Now I go to 28 and it's crystal clear. Certain song I can mac it out crystal clear. For a sub we did a JL audio mw5 marine grade fully enclosed sub. No need to do a box or anything. Already came as a unit. He Secured it in from underneath so that the only way to possibly steal it would be to remove the face plate. Remove the sub then unscrew the box. It won't happen. Here is a pic of the sub. Exactly how it ls mounted. He just cut part of the back storage cover and installed a JL audio 4chan amp right there in the storage hole below the sub. I still have full access to te storage unit. I only have about half of it usable tho
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2235574618.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	237635   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1194918161.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	237636  
Old 11-16-2011, 08:28 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sringer
My buddy that I wheel with is a professional car/boat/whatever you want a system in you name it, audio installer. I had him do me a real nice system in the jeep. I am a 2dr as well. I always have my top off so I didn't want it to be able to be stolen. We decided to go 100% marine grade audio. Waterproof is nice he replaced all my stock speakers, (2front 2soundbar), with Rockford fosgate waterproof speakers. He de-tuned the factory setting of "quiet-ness" it's loud!!! I used to be only able to go up to 18 before sounding bad and like it was gonna blow. Now I go to 28 and it's crystal clear. Certain song I can mac it out crystal clear. For a sub we did a JL audio mw5 marine grade fully enclosed sub. No need to do a box or anything. Already came as a unit. He Secured it in from underneath so that the only way to possibly steal it would be to remove the face plate. Remove the sub then unscrew the box. It won't happen. Here is a pic of the sub. Exactly how it ls mounted. He just cut part of the back storage cover and installed a JL audio 4chan amp right there in the storage hole below the sub. I still have full access to te storage unit. I only have about half of it usable tho
It's a nice box and I bet it sounds awesome, but I'm looking for something that won't take up any room in the back. I play a lot of ice hockey and I need to be able to fit my gear in the Jeep.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:38 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by vgullotta

It's a nice box and I bet it sounds awesome, but I'm looking for something that won't take up any room in the back. I play a lot of ice hockey and I need to be able to fit my gear in the Jeep.
O I see. That was the best of both worlds for me. It doesn't take up too much space and I can still fold up te seat I understand tho
Old 11-17-2011, 04:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Honestly man, Idk if you have a soft top or hardtop but JL is my favorite. I know everyone has their favorites but I have two 10 inch W7's in my soft top and I can do minor hair tricks.. You have to have a box that is safe, yet will allow maximum bass. I will take some pix of mine because I'm pretty sure the only way to get my subs is to cut the back door off my car..
Old 11-17-2011, 04:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

It also acts as a shelf and I can c from your post you need a little room. Plus people who walk by and try to look in, can't see anything, just the top of a "shelf"
Old 11-17-2011, 08:10 AM
JK Freak

whoa, have you guys seen this? http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1369451...ox.html?tp=113
Old 11-17-2011, 10:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by vgullotta
Looks great... Price however does not.. Judging by the small size, it may be stuffed with poly fill and silicone to trick the subs into thinking they're bigger. I had this done in a 3ft box for 2x12 p3 fosgates and seemed to do it pretty well. Although you'll never be able to recreate a large box sound with something small. They poly fill does help.

Quick Reply: Custom sub box ideas??