Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Creative mounting of Bazooka or other sub?

Old 02-20-2015, 07:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Creative mounting of Bazooka or other sub?

Here is my situation... I've ditched the infinity sub in the trunk and replaced the panel with the sport version with no 12v or sub. I'm making a aluminum drawer system for the rear cargo area and will ultimately be removing the 60 portion of the 60/40 split on the rear bench and making a storage enclosure that takes up that space. Essentially leaving the single seat behind the drivers seat.

The other difficulty is that I run the hard top in winter but use a soft top/doorless/topless in the summer/fall. This kinda takes out the possibility of using something that sits half in the trunk below the tub line and protrudes up as the Tonneau cover wouldn't be able to be used anymore.

Friend mentioned the idea of using one of those bazooka things mounted to a the sports bar but not sure how well this would preform and on which bar. Only found on picture of someone doing it on Google but the link was broken to the thread.

Anyone try something like this or have another place to stick a sub? I'm trying to keep the costs down as the speakers and HU are OEM and don't have plans to replace them anytime soon. Without the infinity sub it just feels considerably more empty on the low end.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Bump
Old 02-21-2015, 07:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use an Infinity Basslink that I am very happy with. Its not mounted at all. They come with feet so i just leave it on the floor. I left the wires long and put them in some of that convoluted tubing. I can move it around as needed. There are folks that have mounted the Kenwood under the seats.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
I use an Infinity Basslink that I am very happy with. Its not mounted at all. They come with feet so i just leave it on the floor. I left the wires long and put them in some of that convoluted tubing. I can move it around as needed. There are folks that have mounted the Kenwood under the seats.
Does the Basslink fit under one of the seats by chance?
Old 03-06-2015, 01:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks like one has found another practical location besides under the seats?
Old 03-14-2015, 07:07 AM
JK Super Freak

You know for the longest time I swore there was someone selling a funky shaped box plus one of the shallow mount subs and put it under the front passenger seat. Can't find anything of the sorts now. Anyone know about this?
Old 03-14-2015, 10:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mattk11 was making and selling them. I made my own pair and it took quite a while and was messy. If I had to do it over again I would of bought them already made by him.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I found a lightly used MTX powered 10" sub. Its the smallest sub I've ever used and sounds pretty good no matter how hard you abuse it. I think its model # Mtx xt110p. I used a compression strap thru a rear tie down to secure it.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

http://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-KSC-SW.../dp/B00BO8O9XQ
Old 03-20-2015, 06:59 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Yeah I've been wondering myself when someone was going to bring a bazooka mount to the JK platform. Should probably start a poll to generate some interest...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-20 at 7.56.55 PM.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	602279

Quick Reply: Creative mounting of Bazooka or other sub?