Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Considering Trucklites from Northridge 4x4

Old 03-31-2016, 11:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Trucklite LED headlights. In a dark area with no light the output is great, however in the city I find the light gets washed out with street lights and I don't have as good viability as I do with a HID or Halogen bulb.

As far as snow, the Trucklites get lots of build up that doesn't clear, as I have the non-heated version. I cannot comment on the how the heated versions melt snow.

That said I will be replacing my LED lights with a HID kit; that goes for fogs as well.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Hope your not planning on running the HID in the stock headlight housings. You will be in for a rude awakening. Once in any snow at all, you will be snow blind with light wash and spill. If you don't like the truck lites, get Hella super 7s, with 55/100w blubs and harness from rallylights.com. a much much better solution than installing a hid kit into the stock headlights.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thegoat
I have Trucklite LED headlights. In a dark area with no light the output is great, however in the city I find the light gets washed out with street lights and I don't have as good viability as I do with a HID or Halogen bulb.

As far as snow, the Trucklites get lots of build up that doesn't clear, as I have the non-heated version. I cannot comment on the how the heated versions melt snow.

That said I will be replacing my LED lights with a HID kit; that goes for fogs as well.
Really? I haven't had that issue here this winter in Michigan
Old 03-31-2016, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Northridge4x4, Trucklites and Rigid Industries. Sounds like a winning combination!
Old 04-01-2016, 02:24 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX
Really? I haven't had that issue here this winter in Michigan
Yep, mine build up bad too.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack

Yep, mine build up bad too.
Weird. Although it was a mild winter here and I only had them for that last few snowfalls.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:53 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX
Weird. Although it was a mild winter here and I only had them for that last few snowfalls.
Maybe it was more powdery than wet. I do have bad ice up with mine....and the wavelength of led light, the ice blocks a lot of light as does even minor dirt.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:10 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I have been running tl's for over 3 years and 64000 miles I get no flicker and it is rare I get enough build up to cause an issue. I live in Montana and we get plenty of wet and dry snow. I would also so suggest taking the time to adjust them properly. You will need to either shim them for horizontal adj or buy a couple of horizontal adj screws which make it easy to adjust.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:39 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jadmt
I have been running tl's for over 3 years and 64000 miles I get no flicker and it is rare I get enough build up to cause an issue. I live in Montana and we get plenty of wet and dry snow. I would also so suggest taking the time to adjust them properly. You will need to either shim them for horizontal adj or buy a couple of horizontal adj screws which make it easy to adjust.
Same with me. No problems at all.
Old 04-03-2016, 06:26 AM
JK Junkie

Our sleet infused snow that falls here ALOT blocks them up in short order. as well as your wipers etc. I also have to stop to scrape ice off the windshield a lot as well. its brutal.....but the non heated TLS make it worse.

Quick Reply: Considering Trucklites from Northridge 4x4