Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Confused HVAC controls

Old 04-27-2017, 11:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Confused HVAC controls

for a few months now my HVAC controls have been confused. I get in the vehicle, typically i have it set to blow heat out at my feet and air comes out of the dash vents. it only comes out of the foot vents after turning the control to defrost and back to the foot position again...has anyone experienced something similar? and have a home-remedy? The defrost light does flash occasionally when starting the car and i am assuming its trying to re-learn or program positions for the doors.

informations- its a 2014 JKU Sport S package.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jahamm88
for a few months now my HVAC controls have been confused. I get in the vehicle, typically i have it set to blow heat out at my feet and air comes out of the dash vents. it only comes out of the foot vents after turning the control to defrost and back to the foot position again...has anyone experienced something similar? and have a home-remedy? The defrost light does flash occasionally when starting the car and i am assuming its trying to re-learn or program positions for the doors.

informations- its a 2014 JKU Sport S package.
Manual heating controls, or automatic? (I'm not sure it makes a difference... but in older [pre-JK] jeeps the manual controls were cable controlled in some cases.)
Old 04-27-2017, 01:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Same thing happens to mine. I've just decided to live with it. I am, however, in the process of upgrading to auto temp control. I'll be curious to see if that fixes it. I am wondering if it's just a bad HVAC control module.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fray
Manual heating controls, or automatic? (I'm not sure it makes a difference... but in older [pre-JK] jeeps the manual controls were cable controlled in some cases.)
Good Ole fashioned manual...ive got no interest in the auto, Winter time its Rotissere mode all the time, and summer the panels of the hardtop are off and all windows are down. Living with it for now i guess...really dont want to take it to the dealer and get charged a diagnostic fee or any of that crap.

Quick Reply: Confused HVAC controls