Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Condensation in daylighters

Old 10-21-2012, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Condensation in daylighters

Just finished washing the Jeep and noticed some condensation accumulating on the inside of one of my daylighters lens. I assume I can just take the lens off and wipe it out right? Any idea how to keep it from happening again ( other than stop washing it. LOL)
Old 10-21-2012, 01:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by osubauer
Just finished washing the Jeep and noticed some condensation accumulating on the inside of one of my daylighters lens. I assume I can just take the lens off and wipe it out right? Any idea how to keep it from happening again ( other than stop washing it. LOL)
I had the same issue with one of my KC lights. I contacted KC and they sent me a new seal. But that didn't fix the problem either. I disassembled the fixture. Cleaned the seal. Applied a little silicon spray to the seal and reassembled. That seemed to help. But didn't stop the water completely. I've had the fixtures for several years now. I hardly ever see the condensation anymore.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, I guess I'll skip the calling KC if their fix doesn't really help.

Quick Reply: Condensation in daylighters