Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Computer tuners for manual '10

Old 06-13-2016, 08:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Computer tuners for manual '10

I have a manual '10 JKU Rubicon with around 46k miles. Currently I'm running 33s, but will soon have a 2.5-3" lift and 35s. With my steel wheels and 33s, my Jeep feels like a pig, and I worry about what will happen when I upgrade to bigger tires and a lift. I've been trying to do some research, but just get more confused. Will any computer tuner help a stick at all? What do I use; Flashpaq, Procal, SprintBooster, nothing?

Geesh, I have no clue, and the more research I do, the more confused I am...
Old 06-14-2016, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

The tuners adjust your speedo and, IMO, it took the lag out of the pedal. I've owned my manual 2010 since it was brand new and driving it without the tuner changes the pedal for me.

HP/ tq.....couldn't tell you. But I'm at 137k miles on it and still enjoy driving.
Old 06-14-2016, 05:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too have a '10 manual on 35's. You're going to want to regear it, no questions about it. Like karls said, the tuner adjusts your speedo, which makes the engine behave differently in different gears. Also he mentioned the lag in the pedal. The tuner will take that away which should have been an option from the factory.

Quick Reply: Computer tuners for manual '10