Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

CODE P1275 A/C Control Circuit 2 overcurrent

Old 03-23-2013, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CODE P1275 A/C Control Circuit 2 overcurrent

NO AC!

compressor clutch not engaging, might have something to do with changing my battery in the middle of the night the other day.
Anybody out there know anything of this issue, cant find much out there?

Last edited by cadeddie; 03-23-2013 at 07:45 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cadeddie
NO AC!

compressor clutch not engaging, might have something to do with changing my battery in the middle of the night the other day.
Anybody out there know anything of this issue, cant find much out there?
From what you have posted, looks like the coil is burnt up in the clutch. Time to replace it.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

I went to the dealership hoping to order a relay or fuse, I though the guys their might even point me in the right direction. they took a quick gander at my fuse/relay box and could not find this mysterious relay/fuse that they say exist. Because I even ordered that darn thing since it was only 5 dollars hoping for the best.

I keep hearing conflicting stories about the existence of this mysterious item

And on the the first week of receiving our first 90 degree days down here in lovely south texas
Old 03-23-2013, 10:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cadeddie
Because I even ordered that darn thing since it was only 5 dollars hoping for the best.
Where did you find the information to order from?

Your computer is telling you that you have "High Current" at the clutch. And you say the clutch doesn't move.

The computer is probably right. Apparently the clutch is activated electrically like a solenoid. There is no fuse required because the computer protects the system. Your probably going to have to replace the clutch.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Apparently they seem to think every car has a hvac relay/fuse, who knows what they ordered?

The clutch does spin,
I already have a buddy that knows his auto elec. Hopefully he can at least diagnose the problem.

Quick Reply: CODE P1275 A/C Control Circuit 2 overcurrent