Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

CLEAR KC light covers?

Old 04-05-2012, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CLEAR KC light covers?

I have the standard yellow covers but wondering if any other's clear covers can be used on the 6" KCs. I don't think KC makes clear covers, right?
Old 04-05-2012, 06:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 4fox
I have the standard yellow covers but wondering if any other's clear covers can be used on the 6" KCs. I don't think KC makes clear covers, right?
The covers are more or less for complying with state regulations. Having clear covers would defeat the purpose.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I knew someone would give a discertation on state laws....
I can just buy the "stone guard" style but want more protection.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 4fox
I knew someone would give a discertation on state laws....
So you knew the answer to your own question before you asked? Oh, I get it. It was just a test. Did I pass?
Old 04-05-2012, 10:38 AM
JK Freak

I walked in to a local pep boys and they had kc stone guards as well as amber and clear covers that snap on. They only work for the daylighters not the slims. I picked up some ambers. I recently bought another set for some driving lights i put on the bumper. They look just like this though, sorry best pic I have right now
Old 04-05-2012, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Ford
So you knew the answer to your own question before you asked? Oh, I get it. It was just a test. Did I pass?
I wasn't asking about state laws at all, so no, you didn't pass. Please reread my OP.
The question I'm asking is if KC makes clear covers or if other manufacturers have covers that would fit.
AFAIK, KC makes three different styles of covers: Opaque caps (yes to comply with some laws), stone guard and soft covers.
Again, I don't want the stone guard covers as they still allow the actual light to get dirty/ scratched.

Jam85, thanks for the info! I'll check out Pep Boys

Quick Reply: CLEAR KC light covers?