Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

CIBIE Headlamp Install - a Winner!

Old 05-09-2008, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I have order the Delta lights and I will post how they are once I get them put in. stay tuned...
The Cibie's looked great and I am sure they are, I just don't have the patience the build a wiring harness right now.

Thanks, Ben
Old 03-10-2012, 07:23 PM
JK Junkie

So if I buy the cibies with the harness and bulbs from Daniel Stern it should be pretty much plug and play yes?

Does the factory wiring just lay in place?

And the dumbest question of all, if I use his harness what controls the headlights switching on/off?

I mean does the harness plug onto the factory harness to close a relay circuit?
Old 03-10-2012, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

The factory harness will remain where it is and intact. The new harness will connect directly to the battery and to the two new headlights. It will also connect to one of the factory headlight plugs using a relay. This is so you still use the factory headlight light switch, but all the power that goes through the bulbs does not go through the factory switch.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:39 AM
JK Junkie

What bulbs did you guys get for your cibies??

Quick Reply: CIBIE Headlamp Install - a Winner!