Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

CHR550 LOCKPICK - anyone using this?

Old 12-17-2010, 08:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CHR550 LOCKPICK - anyone using this?

This seems to be the new lockpick device. I wanted to get some reviews from people on the board if possible.

All the options you get if installed....

The new CHR550 can activate video out with audio in all capable Apple products and display it on the front screen.

Like the new GMX550 for GM vehicles, the CHR550 activates the iPod OUT function in the iPhone/iTouch/iPad devices (also 6th Gen Nano) for amazing integration.

Search Playlists, Artists, Albums Songs, Genres, Composers one at a time or alphabetically for long lists.

Display Album Art, time graphs and more from your favorite songs..

Steering wheel controls can also control Play/Pause and skip songs on Pandora radio , as well as Track up, Track down, Play, Pause, Fast Forward and Rewind on older iPods that do not have iPod OUT capabilities!!

Play movies from your iPod/iPhone/iTouch/iPad on your radio screen.

Stream NETFLIX movies and TV shows from your iPhone or iPad directly to your radio.

Touch screen operation plus steering wheel controls for all functions.

Automatically activates the camera input on all Mygig radios as well as the VES and the Sat TV mode.

The interface allows manual and automatic activation of front/rear/left/right cameras and provides standard video inputs for each as well as providing camera power connections.

AUX inputs for video and audio are also included allowing connections from any type of multimedia device to display on the front screen and the audio to be heard through the sound system.

Also, the CHR550 provides outputs for audio and video to external screens or headrests. The output is fully dual zone allowing independent viewing of video and audio from any of the connected sources regardless of what is being viewed on the the front screen.

Of course, the CHR550 can allow navigation input and address searches while in motion as well as unlock the factory DVD player for use anytime.

USB upgradeable to keep it current with Lockpick advances and vehicle changes.

PLUG AND PLAY INSTALLATION - SIMPLE - NO WIRING, SOLDERING OR TAPS - JUST PLUG IT IN!

This unit does everything!!
Old 12-17-2010, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

interested to know as well... also, I wonder if this is compatible with the mygigs in 2007 jks... the website says 2008-2011
Old 01-09-2011, 06:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered one, it should be here next week. Hopefully I will have some good news.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I dont have one but I want one. I hope some one can write a review soon.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Huck271
I just ordered one, it should be here next week. Hopefully I will have some good news.
I have one but have yet to get it installed. Plan to try to get to it this weekend. Will let you know. I also added the microphone and back up camera.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Bump....any progress?

Quick Reply: CHR550 LOCKPICK - anyone using this?