Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

CHR 550 lockpick / 2011 430N unit

Old 06-28-2011, 02:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgesJeep
Did anyone have an issue when installing the CHR550. Everything would be installed and connected and when you turned the vehicle on the MyGig would remain off and give a "ticking" sound. That is what I am getting from mine after installing it.
Good chance that the problem is at the grey connector. If that connector isn't right, the MyGig doesn't turn on. Maybe check to see if there are some pins that got bent over when installing. Thats been a common mishap during installations...
Old 06-29-2011, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 37s4U
Good chance that the problem is at the grey connector. If that connector isn't right, the MyGig doesn't turn on. Maybe check to see if there are some pins that got bent over when installing. Thats been a common mishap during installations...
Originally Posted by PocketWatts
Wow.. When u say line up u mean the pins in the plug were bent? I had this problem with about 4 pins, i had to carefully bend them back in to place and then it worked
The first attempt, four pins were bent, I straightened them and got the grey connector to plug in correct. I assume you all are also connecting the white one as well even though there is no white connector going to the MyGig from factory? I think maybe the white one wasn't fully seated correct. I am going to try one more attempt on the install this weekend.

I haven't got any assistance from Coastal or the company I purchased the Lockpick from even after numerous emails and phone calls.

Do I need to pull any fuses after connecting everything or press some secret squirrel button on the MyGig to get this damn thing to work?
Old 07-03-2011, 07:22 PM
JK Newbie

How long should I guess time wise to install the 550??
Old 07-03-2011, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by fireman9027
~30 min., but make sure to read the instructions first, and then be really careful with the connectors as almost everyone bends pins and then has to do a bunch of troubleshooting... It's not difficult though.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:53 AM
JK Newbie

Definitely attach white pigtail, video sign
Old 07-04-2011, 04:54 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by papacheek
Definitely attach white pigtail, video sign
Video signal is passed through those wires...
Old 07-04-2011, 06:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the CHR550 and love it. I mounted the camera off set on the rear bumper to the drivers side. I'm thinking about fabricating a mount to the back of the spare tire carrier so the camera would look through the space on the spare tire. No issues with NAV but I didn't get Uconnect (even though I told the stealership I wanted it). I love the system. I installed it behind the dash on the right of the radio. I ran the USB cable out the bottom of the dash near the shifter so all I have to do is download the update and plug my laptop in. I also ran iPod cable down the dash and around the cup holder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1209.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	178200

Name:	IMG_1213.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	178201

Name:	IMG_9978.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	178202
No camera mounted, just for reference.

Cheers!
Old 07-04-2011, 02:19 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by fireman9027
Hardware install is very easy. It's the software trouble shooting that takes up time. However from what I've read, most people run in to little to no problems.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed this unit. Love it!

I'm still learning, but with Video Out, I can use the Motion X Drive GPS app, and route it to the screen on the 430n. The advantage to this is if I want to route around traffic, which the Garmin does not support (I doubt it ever will, which sucks as it would be great).

Does anyone know if you can run video out (as in the Motion X video out), while still listening to satellite radio? I haven't figured that one out yet.

Quick Reply: CHR 550 lockpick / 2011 430N unit