Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

CHR 550 lockpick / 2011 430N unit

Old 02-08-2011, 05:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcdona90
Thanks for the good info sacamuelas!
Could you please send or post the pics?
Cheers
I have put some of the pics in this thread. If I ever get time, I will consolidate.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...o-Removal-Help
Old 02-08-2011, 05:33 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mcdona90
Any issues with u-connect after 550 lockpick install? I read a few posts about it not working. I have the option from the factory, thinking some of those issues are adding the mic etc. Thanks.
Mc-
I have every option on 2011 Rubi except the ashtray. Mine is all factory installed since I ordered it. I have not encountered any problems with the 550chr or the nav/uconnect/sat radio. Only quirk, which makes complete sense and therefore is not a problem in my book, is that the GPS Speed reads 0mph. All the functions about eta, time to destination, etc are still accurate and functional. All steering wheel controls works flawlessly with Iphone. Uconnect works as advertised. The bluetooth streaming is a little shaky. However, it was that way BEFORE I installed the lockpick.

Ipod controls are thru the steering wheel buttons. Simple and clear cut. I didn't even read the manual on the chr550. I just figured it out. Everything is touchcreen menu and pretty self explanatory. You can see menu of iphone music on your nav screen. Album art is also shown on the screen once the song is selected.

The ONLY thing I do not like or would change in a perfect world.... the chr550 iphone connector is attached to a chord that could be used to winch out several Hummer H2's due to it's thickness and lack of flexibility.
That sucker is thick. If it were similar to an iphone chord, I would run it through dash and have it installed into the dash tray. Instead, I place the iphone in the glove compartment box.

Last edited by sacamuelas; 02-08-2011 at 05:36 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:22 PM
JK Newbie

If the cable to too thick from the CHR550, how about just using a 3ft extension cable like this

w ww.buy.com/prod/3-ft-dock-connector-extension-cable-for-ipod-iphone-ipad-black/q/sellerid/18700237/loc/101/217719228.html

It says that its thin, so could just plug the thick one into this and run it to the dash tray. I'm thinking of getting the CHR550, so was looking for this.

Last edited by Robar; 05-13-2011 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Please do not post clickable non-sponsor links
Old 03-08-2011, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sacamuelas
I have put some of the pics in this thread. If I ever get time, I will consolidate.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...o-Removal-Help

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/Wrangler...io_Removal.pdf
Old 03-09-2011, 05:48 AM
JK Newbie

eist1-
that would work.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

All good info, I think I'll wait another month or so to hear about any probs.
post some pics guys.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:30 PM
JK Newbie

I have had big dramas with the Chr-550 on my 2010 mygig. The DVD plays while in motion but none of the menus come up so no other functions (iPhone/pod cable or selectable camera options basically nothing else) work. I bought it off eBay and there is literally no customer support?!?! Not happy at all!! Buyer beware sure but just a reply would be nice

So for me it's been a very expensive lesson.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:04 PM
JK Newbie

Sorry to hear this simosa. I bought mine direct from maker's website. I have a 2011. I have yet to have any problems or glitches. DId you make sure your pins are set right and then unplug and replug back in?

so far... so good. I just need to quit being lazy and install my rear camera into the bumper for proper viewing angle since I will be using to align a trailer ball.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

So, I'm thinking of picking one of these up. I have the whole unconnect system with the USB port in the center console. Will I still be able to use this set up? Got a little nervous with the comment on how big their cord is.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:38 PM
JK Newbie

Did anyone have an issue when installing the CHR550. Everything would be installed and connected and when you turned the vehicle on the MyGig would remain off and give a "ticking" sound. That is what I am getting from mine after installing it.

Quick Reply: CHR 550 lockpick / 2011 430N unit