Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Check engine light

Old 07-05-2013, 11:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check engine light

I was driving and my check engine light came on and he engine started running real rough. The OBD2 codes were 0300 and 0302 which is something wrong with the # 2 cylinder. I already changed the plugs and wires with no fix. The troubleshooting tree says it could be a sensor or a fuel injector. Was wondering if anyone had a similar problem? Or know a good route to chase the problem?
Old 07-06-2013, 09:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What year is your jeep. If its a 2012-2013 it may be the head. If not check things like plug gap, injector, hell even try a good fuel system cleaner. Marvel mystery oil, Lucas, amsoil. Sometimes bad fuel will cause all kinds of pings, knocks, and misfires. And tracking it down will take you as many hours as it does to burn off that tank of fuel.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:44 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Disco your battery for 5 mins, then see if it comes back.

Quick Reply: Check engine light